• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

San Diego UOC meetup Update??

xmattedgex

It was a really good day. We had no negative contact at all. Not from police or anything. No one even got 12031'd! It was a peaceful day. We got to talk to alot of people, we had really positive feedback from from everyone we encountered. The weather was perfect! We all had a nice time. I'll be posting a video of Harley being interviewed by channel 6 when I get home.

Gundude

I saw Sam on Channel 10 6pm news. He will prolly be on at 11:00 pm. Only 2 Fraidy Bradys were shown. Looks like they are going the way of the Dodo bird.

Last edited:

Joshua Costa

Activist Member
Hazel and I had a lot of fun. We will be looking forward to the next time we get together again. Maybe I can convince the wife to strap up with her glock next time, seeing as this time went so smoothly.

It seems that the combination of cute little girl on my shoulders and pistol strapped to my thigh equals air time on the six o'clock news, Hazel really got a kick out of seeing her self on TV.

Gundude

It seems that the combination of cute little girl on my shoulders and pistol strapped to my thigh equals air time on the six o'clock news, Hazel really got a kick out of seeing her self on TV.

I just saw you pushing her in a baby cart.

Hey Bradys....I'll call you lame bet and raise you one pic of daddy, packin, with his little girl.

JP (with poker player syndrome)

Firemark

No E checks, no Brady confrontations, UOC'rs numbered in the high teens, we each handed out pamphlets to those who requested. Answered questions. Great day and event, MLK would be proud of us standing up for our rights.
:banana::lol::D:monkey

Most interested people demographic--late 20 something married couples with young children.

Video's will be posted at Responsiblecitizensofcalifornia.org

some learning points for those thinking of organizing group events.
--if your going to advise media, event organizers, or PD, do it less than 72 hours prior.(Actually media will do all that for you if you contact them first) It shows good faith to notify but its too late for powers to be to try and thwart you illegally
-- encourage all particiapnts to meet beforehand at a secure location, have a WRITTEN safety briefing and game plan. Include cell #'s, safe boundaries, orientation for first timers, 3 solid talking points for media sound bites, pamphlets and handouts.
-- encourage a POSITIVE dress code, look like average joe citizens, dont wear provocative clothing (camoflouge, sarcastic logos, tshirts with lots of guns on it, wearing all black) citizens are more accepting when you like like an average 'Joe'.
-- do all you homework and encourage others to help in the planning, finding 1000' zones, mapping event, parking,
-- dont bunch up and dont move in large groups it scares people and LE, spread out in 2 or 3 person teams, cover more ground, appears there are more of you to casual observers, more approachable by interested people, stroll and stop frequently, allow people to work up courage to talk to you.
-- dont push information or a sales pitch on people, answer their questions when they ask, dont force a pamphlet, ask if they want one then produce the paper.
-- Smile at people, make eye contact, be happy enjoy the event, people interact with friendly UOC'rs.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
-- dont bunch up and dont move in large groups it scares people and LE, spread out in 2 or 3 person teams, cover more ground, appears there are more of you to casual observers, more approachable by interested people, stroll and stop frequently, allow people to work up courage to talk to you.

OMG!
Someone gets it! Flash mobs (4 or more) of open carriers are a media fiasco, an anachronism, and a bullseye on the backside of the Second Amendment. I'm thankful that the concept of spreading the participants in thinner, less obtrusive numbers is resonating and netting a warmer reaction.

Firemark

OMG!
Someone gets it! Flash mobs (4 or more) of open carriers are a media fiasco, an anachronism, and a bullseye on the backside of the Second Amendment. I'm thankful that the concept of spreading the participants in thinner, less obtrusive numbers is resonating and netting a warmer reaction.

Any chance we can get a sticky at the top of the page?

How to UOC and affect a positive outcome.?

CREWDAD

No E checks, no Brady confrontations, UOC'rs numbered in the high teens, we each handed out pamphlets to those who requested. Answered questions. Great day and event, MLK would be proud of us standing up for our rights.
:banana::lol::D:monkey

Most interested people demographic--late 20 something married couples with young children.

Video's will be posted at Responsiblecitizensofcalifornia.org

some learning points for those thinking of organizing group events.
--if your going to advise media, event organizers, or PD, do it less than 72 hours prior.(Actually media will do all that for you if you contact them first) It shows good faith to notify but its too late for powers to be to try and thwart you illegally
-- encourage all particiapnts to meet beforehand at a secure location, have a WRITTEN safety briefing and game plan. Include cell #'s, safe boundaries, orientation for first timers, 3 solid talking points for media sound bites, pamphlets and handouts.
-- encourage a POSITIVE dress code, look like average joe citizens, dont wear provocative clothing (camoflouge, sarcastic logos, tshirts with lots of guns on it, wearing all black) citizens are more accepting when you like like an average 'Joe'.
-- do all you homework and encourage others to help in the planning, finding 1000' zones, mapping event, parking,
-- dont push information or a sales pitch on people, answer their questions when they ask, dont force a pamphlet, ask if they want one then produce the paper.
-- Smile at people, make eye contact, be happy enjoy the event, people interact with friendly UOC'rs.

Thanks Mark for getting this put together. Thanks also to Sam and Harley for their leadership in speaking to the media. Great day, and my 2mo old daughters first UOC event! See you all at the next one!