Thread: Response from WI State Senator Ellis re: concealed carry bill

Response from WI State Senator Ellis re: concealed carry bill

I received some encouraging news after contacting my Representative and Senator this past week regarding a concealed carry bill (with an strong emphasis on a NO PERMIT system).

"I am a supporter of concealed carry and have voted for legislation authorizing concealed carry in WI on a number of occasions. I expect the issue to be considered in this legislative session which began on January 3. Based on the partisan control of the governorship and Legislature as a result of the November elections, I am confident we will see a favorable outcome on the issue in the legislative session. Your comments in favor of a concealed carry law with minimal regulations have been noted and will be given careful consideration by me when the issue comes before the senate... Michael G Ellis"

We will see how this thing plays out- but I encourage everyone to continue to contact your representatives, and be specific about what you want---and what you EXPECT. I believe most are listening better than ever after the November elections.

skorittnig
    skorittnig

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."
    Niccolo Machiavelli

very nice. good job
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    I am glad that you contacted, he responded, but the reply looks like lip-service and nothing more.

There was no specific mention of requirements he supports, or other specifics.

Do you think he would get more in depth if you pressured him about specifics to see where he stands.

I agree, it seems to be an "I'm not the bad guy" letter. I have about 50 of them just like that from all sorts of politicians. Granted, mine are not related to firearms, but they fit the same profile.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    I agree, it seems to be an "I'm not the bad guy" letter. I have about 50 of them just like that from all sorts of politicians. Granted, mine are not related to firearms, but they fit the same profile.
    I fully agree with everyone- I received a similar message from Michelle Litjens---being very careful not to commit to anything as far as Constitutional Carry. The best we can do is continue to contact them...over and over and over----and let them know that they will be held accountable for their legislation.

I did contact Gov. Walker as well--I have yet to receive anything from him at this time.
    Last edited by skorittnig; 01-16-2011 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Last sentence added re: Gov. Walker.
    skorittnig

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."
    Niccolo Machiavelli

I spoke on the phone to Michelle and did not get a vague response. I started a thread about it.

Of the 3 letters I got back the one from Senator Ellis was the only one to even mention "minimal regulations". The others just said "I support concealed carry".