• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Response from WI State Senator Ellis re: concealed carry bill

skorittnig

I received some encouraging news after contacting my Representative and Senator this past week regarding a concealed carry bill (with an strong emphasis on a NO PERMIT system).

"I am a supporter of concealed carry and have voted for legislation authorizing concealed carry in WI on a number of occasions. I expect the issue to be considered in this legislative session which began on January 3. Based on the partisan control of the governorship and Legislature as a result of the November elections, I am confident we will see a favorable outcome on the issue in the legislative session. Your comments in favor of a concealed carry law with minimal regulations have been noted and will be given careful consideration by me when the issue comes before the senate... Michael G Ellis"

We will see how this thing plays out- but I encourage everyone to continue to contact your representatives, and be specific about what you want---and what you EXPECT. I believe most are listening better than ever after the November elections.

skorittnig

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
I am glad that you contacted, he responded, but the reply looks like lip-service and nothing more.

There was no specific mention of requirements he supports, or other specifics.

Do you think he would get more in depth if you pressured him about specifics to see where he stands.

CalicoJack10

I agree, it seems to be an "I'm not the bad guy" letter. I have about 50 of them just like that from all sorts of politicians. Granted, mine are not related to firearms, but they fit the same profile.

skorittnig

I agree, it seems to be an "I'm not the bad guy" letter. I have about 50 of them just like that from all sorts of politicians. Granted, mine are not related to firearms, but they fit the same profile.

I fully agree with everyone- I received a similar message from Michelle Litjens---being very careful not to commit to anything as far as Constitutional Carry. The best we can do is continue to contact them...over and over and over----and let them know that they will be held accountable for their legislation.

I did contact Gov. Walker as well--I have yet to receive anything from him at this time.

Last edited:

Carcharodon

Of the 3 letters I got back the one from Senator Ellis was the only one to even mention "minimal regulations". The others just said "I support concealed carry".