• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How many are active here in Mississippi? Answer Up:)

Daylen

It is against Mississippi law to bring a concealed weapon into a house of worship. I would surmise that it would be equally against the law to openly carry a firearm into a house of worship.

wrong. There is no law prohibiting arms in a house of worship because it is beyond the constitutionally limited powers of MS to regulate the carrying of arms other than those which are concealed.

bigun220

It is against Mississippi law to bring a concealed weapon into a house of worship. I would surmise that it would be equally against the law to openly carry a firearm into a house of worship.

Not quite. Concealed carry is now allowed in churches and most other places with the new training endorsement per HB 506. See state statute 97-37-7.
As for OC in churches, no such law exists; therefore, it is not prohibited.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Well, let me put it another way:

"Common sense would dictate that it would also be against Mississippi law to openly carry a handgun into a house of worship, seeing as how it is against the law to bring a concealed handgun into a house of worship."

Common sense doth prevail still.

If there is no law against it, then it is legal. That is the ultimate common sense test. Anything else is a faulty assumption.

georg jetson

Cha-ching! Chalk up another "zinger" for Mr. Jetson. :monkey:banana:

I'm sorry... you expected more? Your assumption was stupid. If you want to ask a question, then ask it... otherwise quit you mealy mouthing...

This is a forum for those interested in personal responsibility... one of the most important personal responsibilities being self defense. If you want to be useful here, then quit being lazy and do some actual homework.

I predict you have no intention of being useful. Please prove me wrong....

MilProGuy

I'm sorry... you expected more? Your assumption was stupid. If you want to ask a question, then ask it... otherwise quit you mealy mouthing...

This is a forum for those interested in personal responsibility... one of the most important personal responsibilities being self defense. If you want to be useful here, then quit being lazy and do some actual homework.

--Moderator deleted personal attack.--

MilProGuy

I really have nothing to prove to you.