• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AZ Massacre Hero Responsible Gun Owner

tcmech

If I had a facebook page I would post it also. This guy is truly a hero.

frommycolddeadhands

Thanks

It's been posted to my facebook. I think it is amazing that nobody knew that there were LAW ABIDING ARMED CITIZENS in the crowd during the AZ shootings. I remember the news originally broke the story as a 'gun battle' between a crazed shooter and a regular citizen who was carrying. Then the second word got out that the Congresswoman was shot everything changed.

This story should serve as proof positive that armed citizens help protect society. Instead the left is using it as a rallying cry to try new gun restriction legislation.

What a f-ed up world we live in.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I remember the news originally broke the story as a 'gun battle' between a crazed shooter and a regular citizen who was carrying.

Unfortunately, he was in a store next door when the shooting began. Had he (or any other armed citizens) been nearby the shooter as he was firing, then I sincerely things would have gone down far differently. We may not have been able to save the Congresswoman from a head shot, but I guarantee you I, personally, would have died trying!

Perhaps we OCers may have reacting in time to save the life of that nine-year-old girl.

Can't post that on any of the many "science" forums, however as they'll ban you in a heartbeat. By my count, 1, plus another "pseudo-banning" crafted by the admin to reflect a password that no longer works, but the reset option no longer works, either. With that sort of stand for science and truth, my opinion has taken a dump from 9 (previous to these hijinks) to well less than 0. He can redeem himself by re-opening the floor to open debate and stop using subversive tactics. I mean, crap - that is no way to run a board/forum. I've run 'em for many years and we NEVER resorted to such tactics. Provided our members remained within the rules, they had freedom to post. We might debate them hard on whatever issues they brought up, but we would NEVER censure their stuff (unless profranic i.e. unsuitable for a PG-13 rating)

Perhaps by sheer visible number in presence at the Congresswoman's event, we might have prevented that idiot from acting in that manner at all. At the very least, we'd have taken him down after the first couple of shots, thereby saving many lives.

But OH! Can't say that on other forums! Heavens to Betsy! That sort of heresay will get your deleted, or at worse, you entire presence there banned!

It's all sheer conjecture, mind you. The only way we're going to know is if more honest, law-abiding citizens take up the rights our Founding Fathers recognized (not gave us) when they wrote the Declaration of Independance, our Constitution, and its Amendments, and when our presence starts saving more lives.

Carry on!

Last edited: