• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We need to start working together again

fire suppressor

I've been a member of this forum for a few years now, I like many others did not know it was legal to open carry in this state before I found all of you. You will notice over the last few years I have not posted very much compared to some of you. Some of that is because of my health and spending the last four years of my young life in and out of hospitals and recovering from different surgery's. Some of that is because I'm a quieter guy by nature and only post if I feel I really have something to say. But that doesn't mean I don't stay up to date on everyone's threads and the going ons. The one fault I have seen over the years with this forum is the habit we get into once and a while of not supporting one and other.
We come from all over the state and are complied of all different ages with different up bringing, cultures, and values. The one thing we ALL have in common by being on this forum is our dedication to the support of our second amendment rights and more specifically our willingness the stand up for our right to open carry and our right to chose to live our life's in a way that we choose fit.
Do not miss understand me I love how we are all conformable enough with each other to tease back and forth and I am thankful we share that. But when I go on and read posts of people calling other people stupid, demean them, mock them, or try and make a member feel bad for posting a thread that the reader felt was beneath them it makes me shake my head. Some times I feel there is just to much fighting inside our own group for us to be productive. We are all different ages in different places in our life's and all with different comfort and experience when it comes to firearms and OC.
If a member posts something its because the member feels it is of benefit to them to discuss it. Even if the question has already been asked we need to answer it again not just become frustrated because someone a year ago asked the same question. The odds are against us guys we don't have that much ground we can lose and yet every time we bicker with each other we are voluntarily taking another step back, that's one more step we will have to take to win this fight.

Squeak

I'll agree with you on most of what you are saying. As you stated, we are all different and at times that can be a problem. Most feel that their way is the right way. However, writing about something gets interpreted differently than if you are face to face. Making a good effort to get out and meet the different ones helps a lot. I don't know if this helps but hey, I'm no counselor.

jt59

I'll agree with you on most of what you are saying. As you stated, we are all different and at times that can be a problem. Most feel that their way is the right way. However, writing about something gets interpreted differently than if you are face to face. Making a good effort to get out and meet the different ones helps a lot. I don't know if this helps but hey, I'm no counselor.

...but you do live near a holiday inn:)