• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

911 police call results in rape, woman says

jpm84092

I hope the feds get it right and if the story is true, and there is a conviction, imprison the (not yet convicted) cop. As an ex-LEO, I believe that Law Enforcement personnel must be held to the highest standard. Then it will be time for "re-training" and possible discipline for all the LEOs that did not follow department policy on the day of the incident.

JJC

This goes to show that bad apples are found in all walks of life.

This only reinforces the need for personal protection.

Hopefully this bad apple will join the rest of the bad apples in the crowbar hotel for a very long time.

JJC

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
The woman's account suggests the system designed to protect the public from rogue police officers broke down at several levels. And it isn't the first time an on-duty Milwaukee police officer has been accused of sexual assault.

WHAT system ??!!! So that "system" only protects the public after the event happens, not before, not during. AND only protects the public "if" THEIR IAD FINDS THE OFFICER GUILTY << wHICH DOES NOT HAPPEN VERY OFTEN !

Will that "system" protect your family from a SWAT team with the wrong address, serving a no knock warrant at 3:15 am ? protect your Little fluffy dog from being SHOT by the police in front of your kids ? protect your wifes privacy when the SWAT guys drag her naked body from your bed & then cuff her ? NO, NO, NO & NO ..that "System won't do any of those things ! You have the right to be victimized by the Police @ any time of their choice ! and YOU CAN DO NOTHING TO STOP IT ! does this sound like you live in a free society ? Where a Woman can get raped by a cop in her own home !!!! If she would have shot him in self defense, She would be in Prison for life as a cop killer !

protias

If the story is true, I hope he goes to prison for a very long time and makes some "nice friends." If it is false, I hope she receives some jail time.

LR Yote 312

Police Chief Edward Flynn fired Cates, who gave conflicting stories to department officials, for lying and for "idling and loafing" - because having sex on duty is against department rules.

Nothing like a little first hand knowledge...I guess if any one would know,it would have to be Flynn.

How quick they forget...

LR Yote

press1280

Somewhat similiar to public school unions, getting a police officer fired is very difficult. If I was caught banging someone while I was supposed to be working, I'd be fired on the spot. These guys either have to kill someone or not show up for work to be fired. The unions simply won't get rid of their "dead wood", and this guy it seems already had issues even before this incident.

AFPVet

I hope the feds get it right and if the story is true, and there is a conviction, imprison the (not yet convicted) cop. As an ex-LEO, I believe that Law Enforcement personnel must be held to the highest standard. Then it will be time for "re-training" and possible discipline for all the LEOs that did not follow department policy on the day of the incident.

I agree. LEO's are [suppose to be] held to a higher standard and should be given harsher sentences for the same crimes as citizens. In my young days of being a cop, I did not understand what it meant to be a cop until I got out of the military LE and served as an officer under a very constitutional Sheriff. LEO's are public servants who are no higher than citizens. They are simply empowered to enforce the law.

Last edited:

CalicoJack10

The truth is that "Studies have shown" that nearly 80% of all law enforcement uses their status as law enforcement to bend or break the law. I personally am fighting against that rite now. My daughters mother (The Cop in Wisconsin) says that I am a danger to my daughter because I am a veteran of the united states armed forces. Despite the fact that I am a Respite care worker or children with cognitive disabilities, I coach Special Olympics, I have raised 4 of my nieces and nephews (including after my discharge), and I have no history of violence or aggression. On a side no, she is not a college grad, she just finished an academy.

Also, if you look into it, several of the officers employed in Minocqua Wisconsin over the last 10 years have committed serious crimes, including sexual assault of a minor, and though they were fired by Minocqua, they were hired by other local law enforcement jurisdictions. About every 5 years or so, the city of Minocqua ends up firing the whole police department and starting over.

The sad truth is that the easiest way to be a criminal now, is to keep a clean record and become a cop. I don't know how many people in Law Enforcement I have heard say "If anything happens I will just show them my badge" while they were doing something that I would have gotten arrested for.:cry:

Krusty

I was going to post this item under the "No need for a gun" thread but I guess that's not necessary now.

If she would have shot him she would most likely have had 40 holes in her corpse. (From hi-cap magazines)

protias

I was going to post this item under the "No need for a gun" thread but I guess that's not necessary now.

If she would have shot him she would most likely have had 40 holes in her corpse. (From hi-cap magazines)

Do it. I always put separate threads in there.

swfaninwi

No, No, LEOs don't commit crimes. They are all college educated. They are totally background checked. They receive extensive psychological testing... No possible way a LEO could do this ...

http://www.injusticeeverywhere.com/

We pay for that supposed college education through taxes. We train them or let them slip through right in our state. That’s a terrible ROI.

AFPVet

We pay for that supposed college education through taxes. We train them or let them slip through right in our state. That’s a terrible ROI.

Civilian police officers get 12 hours of college credit through their academy. They are not required to have college degrees. The Air Force on the other hand, awards a 19+ hour technical certificate to graduates of the USAF Security Forces (Police) Academy.

effigy

Unfortunately, had the woman successfully defended herself, she might have escape rape only to wind up charged with assaulting an officer, attempted murder, murder... Unless there were witnesses or some kind of vary hard evidence, it wouldn't have looked like a case of self-defense to a prosecutor...

since9

Campaign Veteran
I hope the feds get it right and if the story is true, and there is a conviction, imprison the (not yet convicted) cop. As an ex-LEO, I believe that Law Enforcement personnel must be held to the highest standard.

Absolutely. Those who fail to realize this, and behave in ways substandard to this, they're an utter disgrace to the community. If the police are too corrupt to police their own...

Get it right, fellows.

Last edited: