• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

911 police call results in rape, woman says

sudden valley gunner

I have watched the film and can attest to the fact I have been treated very harshly, illegally detained, handcuffed and interrogated, harassed, provoked, and threatened for trying to file a complaint against an officer.

What was my complaint for? Being held at gun point, disarmed, harassed, illegally detained, threatened for Openly Carrying.

Deanimator

I'm sure that some cops and their supporters would say to the victim, "What would you do if you called the cops and nobody came?"

She should reply, "Well, I wouldn't be reporting a rape."

As with so many recent examples of police criminality, in this case there is obvious complicity and or negligence at all levels of management. In all too many of these cases, police have demonstrated a preference for protecting other LEOs who commit crimes, even violent crimes, over protecting the public.

There is a certain percentage of LEOs who see their position as an opportunity to commit crimes with impunity.

There is a larger percentage of LEOs who either support the above mentioned, or look the other way.

What the actual percentages are, I cannot say.

At the age of 53, my trust of and respect for the police is but a tiny fraction of what it once was.

Beretta92FSLady

Will that "system" protect your family from a SWAT team with the wrong address, serving a no knock warrant at 3:15 am ? protect your Little fluffy dog from being SHOT by the police in front of your kids ? protect your wifes privacy when the SWAT guys drag her naked body from your bed & then cuff her ? NO, NO, NO & NO ..that "System won't do any of those things ! You have the right to be victimized by the Police @ any time of their choice ! and YOU CAN DO NOTHING TO STOP IT ! does this sound like you live in a free society ? Where a Woman can get raped by a cop in her own home !!!! If she would have shot him in self defense, She would be in Prison for life as a cop killer !

If the information on the warrant is thought to be accurate at the time, and they rush into your house and kill you and your family, there is no legal recourse. From what I have heard, conservatively, 10% of raids are at the wrong address.

If this woman fought back, she would have been charged with murder. If you ever have to fight back against an officer who is threatening you, you have two choices, fight for your life,
win and go to prison, or lose and go to the grave. Either way, you are dead.

*OMFG* I just read(e) part of the article, and couldn't get through it.

Last edited:

eye95

To 'serve and protect'.....

Or is that, 'To serve themselves and protect each other'??

Most of the officers I have met genuinely want to serve and protect the public. We should not let the few bad ones prompt us to paint all with a broad brush. We don't like it when folks paint us carriers with a broad brush when a MWAG does something horrific.

Last edited:

holeinhead

Most of the officers I have met genuinely want to serve and protect the public. We should not let the few bad ones prompt us to paint all with a broad brush. We don't like it when folks paint us carriers with a broad brush when a MWAG does something horrific.

With you there. I do not think the problem is with bad officers.

What worries me the most is the lack of consequences and accountability when an officer does something wrong. If one of us screws it up, we're thrown in jail. Certainly doesn't look that way if a cop screws it up.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

The "bad apples" may not fill the whole basket, but then the basket and all the fresh apples in it are used to cover up the bad apples, hiding them from being picked out for their rottenness, and spoiling the whole harvest.

Deanimator

You shouldn't leave out the officers and supervisors who condone, cover up or excuse these behaviors. MOST of the recent cases seem to involve that sort of thing. If it has to go to the Feds, the average citizen is totally at the mercy of thugs in uniform, because the police themselves certainly refuse to do anything.

holeinhead

You make a good point there Deanimator. That is certainly unacceptable. I can't really blame them, since you can't expect a group that needs to rely on each other so much to be impartial when it comes to these things, but that just means the way charges are brought against officers is messed up.

Last edited:

Deanimator

You make a good point there Deanimator. That is certainly unacceptable. I can't really blame them, since you can't expect a group that needs to rely on each other so much to be impartial when it comes to these things, but that just means the way charges are brought against officers is messed up.
I absolutely CAN blame them. I blame gang members who cover for each other. I blame organized crime members who cover for each other. I blame the guy who covers for his partner in a liquor store hold up.

I don't have ONE iota of sympathy for a rapist or for his accomplices. The fact that they're getting a city paycheck does NOTHING to change that.

KansasKraut

Jeez...

Nothing shown in these Video's Shocks me. Watch all 6 parts !!! Then tell me we live in a free country. where the Majority of Police are not Jack booted Thugs, ok.

I watched all six, Glock. Part 4 was the one that almost made me vomit. The way they reacted when the guy asked to file a complaint was disgusting. Made me remember why I detest the police.

eye95

You shouldn't leave out the officers and supervisors who condone, cover up or excuse these behaviors. MOST of the recent cases seem to involve that sort of thing. If it has to go to the Feds, the average citizen is totally at the mercy of thugs in uniform, because the police themselves certainly refuse to do anything.

If you point to a specific case of proven police misbehavior, I'll stand along side you decrying the act and demanding justice. If you point to a specific action by an official "condon[ing], cover[ing] up or excus[ing] these behaviors," I'll stand along side you demanding an investigation and rolling heads.

However, your comments as they currently stand, amount to nothing more than a pointless rant against police in general.

Moving on.

since9

Campaign Veteran
As with so many recent examples of police criminality, in this case there is obvious complicity and or negligence at all levels of management. In all too many of these cases, police have demonstrated a preference for protecting other LEOs who commit crimes, even violent crimes, over protecting the public.

It's one of the last bastion's of corruption in our society, and the best way to stop is to continue videotaping the corruption, writing about it, and reporting it to the higher ups!

I'm glad to see a federal investigation has been convened, and I think the idea of hauling the DA up on some rather serious charges is exceptional. It would put the fear of God into all the rest of them would might think about ever protecting a corrupted "law enforcement" system every again.

What's really going to work, however, is when the sheeple stop being sheeple, get their backs up, and take to the streets and city halls against the larcenists hiding behind the walls of what should be, but can't in this case, be called justice.

Deanimator

If you point to a specific case of proven police misbehavior, I'll stand along side you decrying the act and demanding justice. If you point to a specific action by an official "condon[ing], cover[ing] up or excus[ing] these behaviors," I'll stand along side you demanding an investigation and rolling heads.

However, your comments as they currently stand, amount to nothing more than a pointless rant against police in general.

Moving on.
Do you decry "child abuse" in general or do you "move on" about that too?

Police criminality is large problem in this country, and one which in some cases has transcended individuals. It's now a SYSTEMIC problem. The case being discussed here wasn't ONE person doing something wrong. It was a HOST of people doing something wrong in a TOTALLY broken system. Not ONE of the alleged "safeguards" helped the victim in ANY way.

Your apparent approach is to look at the broken parts of the machine without looking at those parts as a SYSTEM. If FDR had taken your approach, we would have responded to the Pearl Harbor attack by issuing indictments against Yamamoto, Genda and Fuchida, treating them as mere individuals, instead of agents acting on behalf of the Empire of Japan.

Your approach GUARANTEES more robberies, rapes and murders by police.

Deanimator

What's really going to work, however, is when the sheeple stop being sheeple, get their backs up, and take to the streets and city halls against the larcenists hiding behind the walls of what should be, but can't in this case, be called justice.
Remember when the DEA agent was murdered in Mexico, and Reagan(?) shut down the border? That's the kind of thing which needs to happen in this kind of case. The entire policing SYSTEM in that town is to blame. The population as a whole should shut the members of that department out COLD until things are rectified.

Don't talk to them except as REQUIRED by black letter law.
Don't look at them or even recognize their existence.
Don't sell them anything or provide them with ANY services of ANY kind. When they walk into your establishment, tell them you're CLOSED. Demand that they leave, and call the Sheriff's Dept. or State Police on them if they won't.
And document them to the nth degree, especially with audio and video where it's lawful to do saw.

Let them cook their own hamburgers, fix their own cars and sew their own clothing.

If they're going to act like a marauding army of occupation, treat them like one.

sudden valley gunner

There are several incidents of "cover up" or dismissing in Washington Forum alone over the past year. Wonder how many other State forums have the same. Wonder how many are never brought to light.

eye95

Do you decry "child abuse" in general or do you "move on" about that too?...

If you were to imply that an entire group of people was involved in child abuse, I would move on from such a ridiculous generalization.

Your motivation is clearly bashing LEOs in general. So, I won't bother discussing such with you as it just will provide you a launching pad for such bigoted remarks.