• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Our monthly meetings. Feb 12th 2011

engineer

Thank you for the prompt responses. I will try to be there. I have Utah CC and am a MO resident but have never OC. Interesting!

Jim40Cal

Welcome engineer. It gets easier as you open carry to different places. I understand someone on here had a problem at Aldi's open carrying one day. I went in there Friday and no one said a word. I also went in Richards Sunfresh and a cop was standing guard at the end of the check-out I was in and he never said a word either. My wife said he stared at my gun,,,lol

Big Boy

i checked that google map thats on the first post that big boy linked. is it the first or second zarda bbq on that map that were going to? there were 2 of them showing up on there as being in blue springs..

I don't see a second one... The link should take you straight too it. But it is at the intersection of Highway 7 and Vesper, directly across from Quick Trip. On the satellite view it is the building in the big parking lot to the right, with a basket ball court behind it.

goalseter88

ok yah there was only one on the map. but to the left, it listed all the zarda bbq and there was another one thats a bit south east of the one you mentioned that is also in blue springs. i just wanted to make sure i show up to the right one. but you have clarified that issue. thanks

BILL27GLOCK

I figured with having our new missouriopencarry.org website thanks to Chiang it wouldn't hurt to have this meeting already set so we could have it posted there for people to see.

Unless anyone has any thing against it, I was thinking Zarda BBQ in Blue Springs Missouri. We've hit Raytown, Lee's Summit, Independence, and Kansas City. This is just another one of those cities butting up against each other in the metro area.

Blue Springs is a pretty big town, I haven't had any issues here quite yet, but more awareness never hurts.

So, any one have any objections to it?

Feb 12th 2011
4pm
Zarda BBW Blue Springs, MO
DIRECTLY ACROSS FROM QUICK TRIP

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...272426&spn=0.003959,0.006899&t=h&z=17&iwloc=A

I am for sure going to try and make this one, something has gotten in the way the last two meetings.Looks like we're getting a bigger crowd each time..gotta like that. Hope to see everyone the 12th at 4pm. Last time the wife and I were there about a month ago, the place was crawling with LEO from far away as Cameron, must have been having an OC meeting also lol.

usmcbess

I figured with having our new missouriopencarry.org website thanks to Chiang it wouldn't hurt to have this meeting already set so we could have it posted there for people to see.

Unless anyone has any thing against it, I was thinking Zarda BBQ in Blue Springs Missouri. We've hit Raytown, Lee's Summit, Independence, and Kansas City. This is just another one of those cities butting up against each other in the metro area.

Blue Springs is a pretty big town, I haven't had any issues here quite yet, but more awareness never hurts.

So, any one have any objections to it?

Feb 12th 2011
4pm
Zarda BBW Blue Springs, MO
DIRECTLY ACROSS FROM QUICK TRIP

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...272426&spn=0.003959,0.006899&t=h&z=17&iwloc=A

to far for me im right by STL

goalseter88

i have a guy that wants to go, but he will be around 30 to 45 mins late, will it still be worth it? i never gone to your guys meets. so i wasnt sure how long you guys hang out. if you guys could mabye give me an average of how long you guys normally meet. so i can tell him a general time frame, and let him decide.

Last edited:

devildoginlipstick

OC Meetings

Any chance you guys can set something up in or around Sullivan? I OC all the time. I'd like to see something like this come close to my neck of the woods. It's a small town and we all love our guns here. I don't foresee any problems coming out of it. However I do have a few PD buddies and I'd "hypothetically speaking" run it by one of them, just to test the waters. How Copy?

Big Boy

If you guys want to have a meet in your neck of the woods all you have to do is organize it. Our first meet started with four people, now we're close to or above twenty.

You can always drive and meet with us. More than happy to have Any one, but the best way is to find people in your own community who want to be envolved and work on growing that movement.

Last edited:

peterarthur

Planning fail... I will be with my family near St Louis (St Charles) this weekend... Any east MO peeps wanna meet up? :)

Catch the KC crowd next month :( Have fun!!!