Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Walker wants a permit system like in MN??!!

Walker wants a permit system like in MN??!!

UMM wtf Walker, I did not elect you to pay more f*cking taxes to do something I already can now for free. Blood boiling....

http://lacrossetribune.com/news/loca...cc4c002e0.html

SNIP:

Although the Wisconsin Republican Party this year struck from its platform language supporting permitted carry rights, Walker indicated Thursday he expects to sign a bill similar to ones Doyle vetoed - which require a permit, as in Minnesota.

"The facts tend to show that across the country laws — particularly like the one in Minnesota — have had a positive impact," the governor said, "and the problems that some have raised as concerns ... in Wisconsin just haven't materialized."

We don't need to go backwards. We need to go Forward!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Weapons trainers lobbying just like it was predicted

Quote Originally Posted by anmut View Post
    UMM wtf Walker, I did not elect you to pay more f*cking taxes to do something I already can now for free. Blood boiling....

http://lacrossetribune.com/news/loca...cc4c002e0.html

This quote from the tribune article:
    Sen. Kathleen Vinehout, D-Alma, said she might support a bill that included "a strong training component." To that end, she met this week with firearm safety trainers from Minnesota.
    The vultures are flocking....
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

He's certainly showing his true colors early.

After promising (as county exec) to stand with the family of the boy who was crushed to death on his way to Summerfest, now (as gov.) he wants to limit the ability of families to recover damages from companies... like going after the installers of the concrete that was improperly installed & killed the boy.

He privatized security at county buildings, saying it would save money, and now that the policy is in effect, turns out it's costing more.

But then, he's only one person. We are many, and our legislators need to hear from us to know how we want them to act.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    out it's costing more.

But then, he's only one person. We are many, and our legislators need to hear from us to know how we want them to act.
    +1
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    +1.

Let's keep the pressure on our legislators.

In his defense, the Republicans have always campaigned on a platform of lawsuit damage limitations.

Sounds like the Legislative Reference Bureau which drafts legislation is being true to form. When requested to draft legislation they look first to Minnesota. The LRB is composed of liberal bureaucratic attorneys living in Madison. They will draft a bill with every restriction they think they can get in - mentally they are still in the Doyle era.

They'll say "If the legislature doesn't want that restriction or provision they can take it out." The sponsors must tell the LRB what they don't want in it before it gets circulated for co-sponsors.

It's time for NRA to provide the sponsors with a clean Constitutional Carry for Wisconsin bill draft - if they are truly in favor of Constitutional Carry. It is also important that legislative intent be clearly identified in drafting the bill. Future Supreme Courts will be looking at that when hearing cases involving the law.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

I would agree that any license that reduces or prohibits where you can currently OC would be unacceptable.

A law providing sanction against violent offenders, persons declared by a court of competent jurisdiction a mentally ill, persons incarcerated, persons on parole, probation or awaiting sentence from possessing firearms should be enough. We already go beyond that now. The instant check system can verify any of the above circumstances now.

Open carry is presumptive if not explicitly lawful now, do not allow any new law to change that dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    The vultures are flocking....
    To some extent, I take offense to that. As a weapons trainer, I stand tall in my ability to teach people about the use of firearms, and concealed carry. Though I understand that this is a generalized statement, I already teach a FREE open carry class, and I stand by what I said in that I will also teach a free concealed carry class if constitutional carry goes through. In the event that licensed carry happens in Wisconsin, I will teach these courses at cost. Not everyone is out to make money off of this happening.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    Not everyone is out to make money off of this happening.
    Yeah - just the government bureaucrats...

Quote Originally Posted by anmut View Post
    Yeah - just the government bureaucrats...
    You will get no argument from me on that one.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

That doesn't say he wants anything. It says he expects to sign one with a permit system. On that note... right now so do I. Until we find out that a bill is in the works for constitutional carry... I expect the old bill that was drafted to raise its ugly head and come forward.

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS

The Republican Party of Wisconsin is a vigilant supporter of the right of individuals to keep and bear arms embodied in both the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States and Article I, Section 25, of the Wisconsin Constitution.

We therefore oppose all efforts to restrict the ownership, manufacture, transfer, carry, or sale of firearms by law-abiding citizens. We further oppose all efforts to require registration of firearms in the possession of law abiding citizens, as well as efforts to bankrupt firearms manufacturers through frivolous, unethical lawsuits.

Instead, we call for proper enforcement of the many existing laws against those who commit crimes. For safety’s sake, we encourage voluntary training in the use of firearms. We cannot ignore the clear lessons of history regarding the tyranny and suffering which can fall upon a disarmed and vulnerable people.

2010 – 02 2nd Amendment
    WHEREAS, the Constitutions of the United States and Wisconsin both guarantee the right to keep and bear arms; and,
    WHEREAS, Wisconsin does not allow law-abiding citizens to carry concealed weapons for their self-defense; and,
    WHEREAS, Forty-eight (48) states have adopted legislation allowing their citizens to obtain permits to carry concealed weapons for their self defense; and,
    WHEREAS, in those states that have adopted such legislation, the number of incidents of misuse of the concealed weapons resulting in the revocation of the permits for the carrying of concealed weapons has been negligible,

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that Republican Party of Wisconsin, in caucus assembled, urges the Wisconsin Legislature to adopt legislation permitting law-abiding citizens without a felony record or a record of serious mental health problems to obtain permits to carry concealed weapons;

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the Republican Party of Wisconsin, in caucus assembled, urges the state of Wisconsin to pass legislation to prohibit individuals or organizations from suing manufacturers of guns and ammunition for damage caused by illegal acts committed by individuals, and,

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the Republican Party of Wisconsin, in caucus assembled, supports strict punishment of criminal activity involving firearms, and,

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the Republican Party of Wisconsin, in caucus assembled, opposes any efforts to restrict gun ownership by imposing taxes or fees on guns or ammunition or gun licenses and opposes any other underhanded attempts by government to undermine our 2nd Amendment rights.

Although the Wisconsin Republican Party this year struck from its platform language supporting permitted carry rights, Walker indicated Thursday he expects to sign a bill similar to ones Doyle vetoed - which require a permit, as in Minnesota.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=6099

All double speak for PRIVLEDGE TO AFFORD RIGHTS BY PERMIT!

You can change the people in the party but you can't change the spots of the party ! Same old crap!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

Walker will sign what ever carry legislation get's tossed on his desk to sign...SO, let's make sure the bill that he sign's is written the way WE want it. SO, that means every 2 weeks, like clock work. we email, write or call out Senators & Assembly people to remind them what WE want.

Also, once a bill is introduced, we need to see a copy of it early.
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 01-16-2011 at 09:07 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by springfield 1911 View Post
    CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS

The Republican Party of Wisconsin is a vigilant supporter of the right of individuals to keep and bear arms embodied in both the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States and Article I, Section 25, of the Wisconsin Constitution.

We therefore oppose all efforts to restrict the ownership, manufacture, transfer, carry, or sale of firearms by law-abiding citizens. We further oppose all efforts to require registration of firearms in the possession of law abiding citizens, as well as efforts to bankrupt firearms manufacturers through frivolous, unethical lawsuits.

Instead, we call for proper enforcement of the many existing laws against those who commit crimes. For safety’s sake, we encourage voluntary training in the use of firearms. We cannot ignore the clear lessons of history regarding the tyranny and suffering which can fall upon a disarmed and vulnerable people.

2010 – 02 2nd Amendment
    WHEREAS, the Constitutions of the United States and Wisconsin both guarantee the right to keep and bear arms; and,
    WHEREAS, Wisconsin does not allow law-abiding citizens to carry concealed weapons for their self-defense; and,
    WHEREAS, Forty-eight (48) states have adopted legislation allowing their citizens to obtain permits to carry concealed weapons for their self defense; and,
    WHEREAS, in those states that have adopted such legislation, the number of incidents of misuse of the concealed weapons resulting in the revocation of the permits for the carrying of concealed weapons has been negligible,

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that Republican Party of Wisconsin, in caucus assembled, urges the Wisconsin Legislature to adopt legislation permitting law-abiding citizens without a felony record or a record of serious mental health problems to obtain permits to carry concealed weapons;

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the Republican Party of Wisconsin, in caucus assembled, urges the state of Wisconsin to pass legislation to prohibit individuals or organizations from suing manufacturers of guns and ammunition for damage caused by illegal acts committed by individuals, and,

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the Republican Party of Wisconsin, in caucus assembled, supports strict punishment of criminal activity involving firearms, and,

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the Republican Party of Wisconsin, in caucus assembled, opposes any efforts to restrict gun ownership by imposing taxes or fees on guns or ammunition or gun licenses and opposes any other underhanded attempts by government to undermine our 2nd Amendment rights.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=6099

All double speak for PRIVLEDGE TO AFFORD RIGHTS BY PERMIT!

You can change the people in the party but you can't change the spots of the party ! Same old crap!
    Agreed. Walker will not get another vote from me nor will any legislator. Further if some azzanine permited system is put in place, I will make it my personal mission to dissuade all that I know from voting for any of these Azzhats in the future.

Duh-amn!

Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    Agreed. Walker will not get another vote from me nor will any legislator. Further if some azzanine permited system is put in place, I will make it my personal mission to dissuade all that I know from voting for any of these Azzhats in the future.

Duh-amn!
    so are you done voting? when they havent even done anything? nice

i swear some of you guys are so blind and only read what you want to see, and it seems all of you are so pessimistic I wont be surprised if nothing happens.

Don't blame Walker if some permit system is put in place, in November everyone was praising him because he would sign anything... now it sounds like half of you want him to veto a permit system.

Just a reminder - Ranting on OC.org, and crying to each other doesnt get anything done

McX
    letter to the editor in this am's local paper; a lefty calling for the abolishment of the 2nd amendment, and the police to control all guns, eluding to confiscation. reason: so many shootings. they did mention it's a sick world to live in, so at least they got that idea right. i wonder how long they would be able to live, and function in the police state they advocate.

Centurion

It is up to us to pressure the legislature for Constitutional Carry

Quote Originally Posted by apierce918 View Post
    That doesn't say he wants anything. It says he expects to sign one with a permit system. On that note... right now so do I. Until we find out that a bill is in the works for constitutional carry... I expect the old bill that was drafted to raise its ugly head and come forward.
    You are exactly correct. This is an off the cuff comment that means little. He did not say he would push for such a permit. To obtain Constitutional Carry, people will need to lobby their legislatures to get it. It can be done. Now is a fortuitous time to push for it. Let us get as much as we can!

Quote Originally Posted by apierce918 View Post
    so are you done voting? when they havent even done anything? nice

i swear some of you guys are so blind and only read what you want to see, and it seems all of you are so pessimistic I wont be surprised if nothing happens.

Don't blame Walker if some permit system is put in place, in November everyone was praising him because he would sign anything... now it sounds like half of you want him to veto a permit system.
    You won't find such a post from me. But where are these "we want a permit" posts here? Also, if half want a permit system, that means the other HALF doesn't.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by ccwinstructor View Post
    You are exactly correct. This is an off the cuff comment that means little. He did not say he would push for such a permit. To obtain Constitutional Carry, people will need to lobby their legislatures to get it. It can be done. Now is a fortuitous time to push for it. Let us get as much as we can!
    former Representative Gunderson told me in a email about a Month ago, that the CCW bill that is going to be introduced this legislative session, Is a VERY CLEAN bill, that will look nothing like the PPA bill that was introduced back a few years ago & was veto'd by Mr. Potato head. Now we need to pressure our pro gun elected officials in Madison that it needs to be worded in such a way that it is actually Constitutional carry. It will take more than the handful of members here to get it done. We need Hundreds if not thousands of us pro gun types hammering them in Madison.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    You won't find such a post from me. But where are these "we want a permit" posts here? Also, if half want a permit system, that means the other HALF doesn't.
    Exactly.

I elected Walker to lower my taxes and free up my liberties. A permit system does the opposite of that.

Knowing how the give-and-take of government works I can see them "giving" us a permit for CC while passing new legislation to restrict OC. And that WILL NOT FLY.

Wow

So no one wants a Permit system like Alaska or Arizona? Why such negativity to a potentially positive article? This is a media source so that fact that it doesn't have a crazy anti spin is a plus. The article says the legislature expects to have something this spring which is a nice time frame. A bunch of democrats list things they would like in the law to support the bill, considering what when on last time, pretty tame. So then Walker says that he expects a carry law like those Doyle vetoed and people lose it. Walker never said he was going to push for Vermont Style. He has said that he supports ccw and he does. If you want something else get to work on making that happen.
    Last edited by Uziel Gal; 01-17-2011 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post

Duh-amn!
    Slow down there. We don't have a bill yet and you're already off the deep end.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
    So no one wants a Permit system like Alaska or Arizona? Why such negativity to a potentially positive article? This is a media source so that fact that it doesn't have a crazy anti spin is a plus. The article says the legislature expects to have something this spring which is a nice time frame. A bunch of democrats list things they would like in the law to support the bill, considering what when on last time, pretty tame. So then Walker says that he expects a carry law like those Doyle vetoed and people lose it. Walker never said he was going to push for Vermont Style. He has said that he supports ccw and he does. If you want something else get to work on making that happen.
    Permits are nothing more than registration. The government already knows what firearms I own anyway, but I would rather they didn't. Why do they need to know what I own? Should I also register my computer? My camera? How about my kitchen equipment? Or the Drano in the cabinet? Where does it end?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast