• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walker wants a permit system like in MN??!!

anmut

UMM wtf Walker, I did not elect you to pay more f*cking taxes to do something I already can now for free. Blood boiling....

http://lacrossetribune.com/news/local/article_ef7364ca-2129-11e0-8adc-001cc4c002e0.html

SNIP:

Although the Wisconsin Republican Party this year struck from its platform language supporting permitted carry rights, Walker indicated Thursday he expects to sign a bill similar to ones Doyle vetoed - which require a permit, as in Minnesota.

"The facts tend to show that across the country laws — particularly like the one in Minnesota — have had a positive impact," the governor said, "and the problems that some have raised as concerns ... in Wisconsin just haven't materialized."

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Weapons trainers lobbying just like it was predicted

UMM wtf Walker, I did not elect you to pay more f*cking taxes to do something I already can now for free. Blood boiling....

http://lacrossetribune.com/news/local/article_ef7364ca-2129-11e0-8adc-001cc4c002e0.html

This quote from the tribune article:
Sen. Kathleen Vinehout, D-Alma, said she might support a bill that included "a strong training component." To that end, she met this week with firearm safety trainers from Minnesota.
The vultures are flocking....:cuss:

MKEgal

He's certainly showing his true colors early.

After promising (as county exec) to stand with the family of the boy who was crushed to death on his way to Summerfest, now (as gov.) he wants to limit the ability of families to recover damages from companies... like going after the installers of the concrete that was improperly installed & killed the boy.

He privatized security at county buildings, saying it would save money, and now that the policy is in effect, turns out it's costing more.

But then, he's only one person. We are many, and our legislators need to hear from us to know how we want them to act.

paul@paul-fisher.com

But then, he's only one person. We are many, and our legislators need to hear from us to know how we want them to act.

+1.

Let's keep the pressure on our legislators.

In his defense, the Republicans have always campaigned on a platform of lawsuit damage limitations.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Sounds like the Legislative Reference Bureau which drafts legislation is being true to form. When requested to draft legislation they look first to Minnesota. The LRB is composed of liberal bureaucratic attorneys living in Madison. They will draft a bill with every restriction they think they can get in - mentally they are still in the Doyle era.

They'll say "If the legislature doesn't want that restriction or provision they can take it out." The sponsors must tell the LRB what they don't want in it before it gets circulated for co-sponsors.

It's time for NRA to provide the sponsors with a clean Constitutional Carry for Wisconsin bill draft - if they are truly in favor of Constitutional Carry. It is also important that legislative intent be clearly identified in drafting the bill. Future Supreme Courts will be looking at that when hearing cases involving the law.

lockman

State Researcher
A law providing sanction against violent offenders, persons declared by a court of competent jurisdiction a mentally ill, persons incarcerated, persons on parole, probation or awaiting sentence from possessing firearms should be enough. We already go beyond that now. The instant check system can verify any of the above circumstances now.

Open carry is presumptive if not explicitly lawful now, do not allow any new law to change that dynamic.

CalicoJack10

The vultures are flocking....:cuss:

To some extent, I take offense to that. As a weapons trainer, I stand tall in my ability to teach people about the use of firearms, and concealed carry. Though I understand that this is a generalized statement, I already teach a FREE open carry class, and I stand by what I said in that I will also teach a free concealed carry class if constitutional carry goes through. In the event that licensed carry happens in Wisconsin, I will teach these courses at cost. Not everyone is out to make money off of this happening.

apierce918

That doesn't say he wants anything. It says he expects to sign one with a permit system. On that note... right now so do I. Until we find out that a bill is in the works for constitutional carry... I expect the old bill that was drafted to raise its ugly head and come forward.

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS

The Republican Party of Wisconsin is a vigilant supporter of the right of individuals to keep and bear arms embodied in both the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States and Article I, Section 25, of the Wisconsin Constitution.

We therefore oppose all efforts to restrict the ownership, manufacture, transfer, carry, or sale of firearms by law-abiding citizens. We further oppose all efforts to require registration of firearms in the possession of law abiding citizens, as well as efforts to bankrupt firearms manufacturers through frivolous, unethical lawsuits.

Instead, we call for proper enforcement of the many existing laws against those who commit crimes. For safety’s sake, we encourage voluntary training in the use of firearms. We cannot ignore the clear lessons of history regarding the tyranny and suffering which can fall upon a disarmed and vulnerable people.

2010 – 02 2nd Amendment
WHEREAS, the Constitutions of the United States and Wisconsin both guarantee the right to keep and bear arms; and,
WHEREAS, Wisconsin does not allow law-abiding citizens to carry concealed weapons for their self-defense; and,
WHEREAS, Forty-eight (48) states have adopted legislation allowing their citizens to obtain permits to carry concealed weapons for their self defense; and,
WHEREAS, in those states that have adopted such legislation, the number of incidents of misuse of the concealed weapons resulting in the revocation of the permits for the carrying of concealed weapons has been negligible,

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that Republican Party of Wisconsin, in caucus assembled, urges the Wisconsin Legislature to adopt legislation permitting law-abiding citizens without a felony record or a record of serious mental health problems to obtain permits to carry concealed weapons;

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the Republican Party of Wisconsin, in caucus assembled, urges the state of Wisconsin to pass legislation to prohibit individuals or organizations from suing manufacturers of guns and ammunition for damage caused by illegal acts committed by individuals, and,

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the Republican Party of Wisconsin, in caucus assembled, supports strict punishment of criminal activity involving firearms, and,

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the Republican Party of Wisconsin, in caucus assembled, opposes any efforts to restrict gun ownership by imposing taxes or fees on guns or ammunition or gun licenses and opposes any other underhanded attempts by government to undermine our 2nd Amendment rights.

Although the Wisconsin Republican Party this year struck from its platform language supporting permitted carry rights, Walker indicated Thursday he expects to sign a bill similar to ones Doyle vetoed - which require a permit, as in Minnesota.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=6099

All double speak for PRIVLEDGE TO AFFORD RIGHTS BY PERMIT!

You can change the people in the party but you can't change the spots of the party ! Same old crap!:cuss:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Walker will sign what ever carry legislation get's tossed on his desk to sign...SO, let's make sure the bill that he sign's is written the way WE want it. SO, that means every 2 weeks, like clock work. we email, write or call out Senators & Assembly people to remind them what WE want.

Also, once a bill is introduced, we need to see a copy of it early.

Last edited:

hardballer

CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS

The Republican Party of Wisconsin is a vigilant supporter of the right of individuals to keep and bear arms embodied in both the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States and Article I, Section 25, of the Wisconsin Constitution.

We therefore oppose all efforts to restrict the ownership, manufacture, transfer, carry, or sale of firearms by law-abiding citizens. We further oppose all efforts to require registration of firearms in the possession of law abiding citizens, as well as efforts to bankrupt firearms manufacturers through frivolous, unethical lawsuits.

Instead, we call for proper enforcement of the many existing laws against those who commit crimes. For safety’s sake, we encourage voluntary training in the use of firearms. We cannot ignore the clear lessons of history regarding the tyranny and suffering which can fall upon a disarmed and vulnerable people.

2010 – 02 2nd Amendment
WHEREAS, the Constitutions of the United States and Wisconsin both guarantee the right to keep and bear arms; and,
WHEREAS, Wisconsin does not allow law-abiding citizens to carry concealed weapons for their self-defense; and,
WHEREAS, Forty-eight (48) states have adopted legislation allowing their citizens to obtain permits to carry concealed weapons for their self defense; and,
WHEREAS, in those states that have adopted such legislation, the number of incidents of misuse of the concealed weapons resulting in the revocation of the permits for the carrying of concealed weapons has been negligible,

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that Republican Party of Wisconsin, in caucus assembled, urges the Wisconsin Legislature to adopt legislation permitting law-abiding citizens without a felony record or a record of serious mental health problems to obtain permits to carry concealed weapons;

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the Republican Party of Wisconsin, in caucus assembled, urges the state of Wisconsin to pass legislation to prohibit individuals or organizations from suing manufacturers of guns and ammunition for damage caused by illegal acts committed by individuals, and,

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the Republican Party of Wisconsin, in caucus assembled, supports strict punishment of criminal activity involving firearms, and,

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the Republican Party of Wisconsin, in caucus assembled, opposes any efforts to restrict gun ownership by imposing taxes or fees on guns or ammunition or gun licenses and opposes any other underhanded attempts by government to undermine our 2nd Amendment rights.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=6099

All double speak for PRIVLEDGE TO AFFORD RIGHTS BY PERMIT!

You can change the people in the party but you can't change the spots of the party ! Same old crap!:cuss:

Agreed. Walker will not get another vote from me nor will any legislator. Further if some azzanine permited system is put in place, I will make it my personal mission to dissuade all that I know from voting for any of these Azzhats in the future.

Duh-amn!

apierce918

Agreed. Walker will not get another vote from me nor will any legislator. Further if some azzanine permited system is put in place, I will make it my personal mission to dissuade all that I know from voting for any of these Azzhats in the future.

Duh-amn!

so are you done voting? when they havent even done anything? nice

i swear some of you guys are so blind and only read what you want to see, and it seems all of you are so pessimistic I wont be surprised if nothing happens.

Don't blame Walker if some permit system is put in place, in November everyone was praising him because he would sign anything... now it sounds like half of you want him to veto a permit system.

Just a reminder - Ranting on OC.org, and crying to each other doesnt get anything done

M

McX

letter to the editor in this am's local paper; a lefty calling for the abolishment of the 2nd amendment, and the police to control all guns, eluding to confiscation. reason: so many shootings. they did mention it's a sick world to live in, so at least they got that idea right. i wonder how long they would be able to live, and function in the police state they advocate.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
It is up to us to pressure the legislature for Constitutional Carry

That doesn't say he wants anything. It says he expects to sign one with a permit system. On that note... right now so do I. Until we find out that a bill is in the works for constitutional carry... I expect the old bill that was drafted to raise its ugly head and come forward.

You are exactly correct. This is an off the cuff comment that means little. He did not say he would push for such a permit. To obtain Constitutional Carry, people will need to lobby their legislatures to get it. It can be done. Now is a fortuitous time to push for it. Let us get as much as we can!

protias

so are you done voting? when they havent even done anything? nice

i swear some of you guys are so blind and only read what you want to see, and it seems all of you are so pessimistic I wont be surprised if nothing happens.

Don't blame Walker if some permit system is put in place, in November everyone was praising him because he would sign anything... now it sounds like half of you want him to veto a permit system.

You won't find such a post from me. But where are these "we want a permit" posts here? Also, if half want a permit system, that means the other HALF doesn't.