• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walker wants a permit system like in MN??!!

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
You are exactly correct. This is an off the cuff comment that means little. He did not say he would push for such a permit. To obtain Constitutional Carry, people will need to lobby their legislatures to get it. It can be done. Now is a fortuitous time to push for it. Let us get as much as we can!

former Representative Gunderson told me in a email about a Month ago, that the CCW bill that is going to be introduced this legislative session, Is a VERY CLEAN bill, that will look nothing like the PPA bill that was introduced back a few years ago & was veto'd by Mr. Potato head. Now we need to pressure our pro gun elected officials in Madison that it needs to be worded in such a way that it is actually Constitutional carry. It will take more than the handful of members here to get it done. We need Hundreds if not thousands of us pro gun types hammering them in Madison.

anmut

You won't find such a post from me. But where are these "we want a permit" posts here? Also, if half want a permit system, that means the other HALF doesn't.

Exactly.

I elected Walker to lower my taxes and free up my liberties. A permit system does the opposite of that.

Knowing how the give-and-take of government works I can see them "giving" us a permit for CC while passing new legislation to restrict OC. And that WILL NOT FLY.

Uziel Gal

Wow

So no one wants a Permit system like Alaska or Arizona? Why such negativity to a potentially positive article? This is a media source so that fact that it doesn't have a crazy anti spin is a plus. The article says the legislature expects to have something this spring which is a nice time frame. A bunch of democrats list things they would like in the law to support the bill, considering what when on last time, pretty tame. So then Walker says that he expects a carry law like those Doyle vetoed and people lose it. Walker never said he was going to push for Vermont Style. He has said that he supports ccw and he does. If you want something else get to work on making that happen.

Last edited:

oak1971

Agreed. Walker will not get another vote from me nor will any legislator. Further if some azzanine permited system is put in place, I will make it my personal mission to dissuade all that I know from voting for any of these Azzhats in the future.

Duh-amn!

Slow down there. We don't have a bill yet and you're already off the deep end.

protias

So no one wants a Permit system like Alaska or Arizona? Why such negativity to a potentially positive article? This is a media source so that fact that it doesn't have a crazy anti spin is a plus. The article says the legislature expects to have something this spring which is a nice time frame. A bunch of democrats list things they would like in the law to support the bill, considering what when on last time, pretty tame. So then Walker says that he expects a carry law like those Doyle vetoed and people lose it. Walker never said he was going to push for Vermont Style. He has said that he supports ccw and he does. If you want something else get to work on making that happen.

Permits are nothing more than registration. The government already knows what firearms I own anyway, but I would rather they didn't. Why do they need to know what I own? Should I also register my computer? My camera? How about my kitchen equipment? Or the Drano in the cabinet? Where does it end?

XDFDE45

Permits are nothing more than registration. The government already knows what firearms I own anyway, but I would rather they didn't. Why do they need to know what I own? Should I also register my computer? My camera? How about my kitchen equipment? Or the Drano in the cabinet? Where does it end?
When they finally know if you wear boxers or briefs
neener.gif

apierce918

Bitch about permits being registration all you want... even though we don't have to do that yet. Time is better spent convincing elected officials for constitutional carry, then if a permit bill shows up, someone will question it and get it changed. IF a permit bill shows up. Like I said telling a bunch of people on here what won't work is useless. Tell legislators what won't work.

My point was the article has nothing concrete and a lot of comments make it sound like its over. As soon as a bill is drafted, everyone will know who to call to get it the way it should be if it is wrong. That is when it gets real.

anmut

NO ADDITIONAL GOVERNMENT BUREAUCRACY. Simple.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Exactly!

While the bill can still be changed, call your representative and senator today and keep on top of them. Tell them what you want.

Walker has always said he will sign whatever concealed carry bill comes across his desk.

Archangel

letter to the editor in this am's local paper; a lefty calling for the abolishment of the 2nd amendment, and the police to control all guns, eluding to confiscation. reason: so many shootings. they did mention it's a sick world to live in, so at least they got that idea right. i wonder how long they would be able to live, and function in the police state they advocate.
Got a link for that? I was looking in the Milwaukee Urinal and nothing jumped out at me.

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
Originally Posted by hardballer
Agreed. Walker will not get another vote from me nor will any legislator. Further if some azzanine permited system is put in place, I will make it my personal mission to dissuade all that I know from voting for any of these Azzhats in the future.

Duh-amn!

Although the Wisconsin Republican Party this year struck from its platform language supporting permitted carry rights, Walker indicated Thursday he expects to sign a bill similar to ones Doyle vetoed - which require a permit, as in Minnesota.

cost total to obtain a permit? 150.-300. A right only upon ability to pay, Not according to article 1 section 25

Then i too am off the deep end for i feel the same way, We won't stop voting we'll just start voting third party and let the chips fall where they will. We didn't vote these people into office to inflict a monetary burden on us

It must be a part of the job creation , instructors for hire.

mobyclarke

Correct me if I am wrong, but you currently have no ability to carry in WI now and you are bitching about the possibility of having a permit system that would allow you to carry? OK.

And, please, before you go off on me that you can OC in WI, remember that is not every where. It certainly depends on where you live and how much abuse you have to put up with from the police. Doesn't sound like real liberty to me.

And lastly, while you are correct it would be nice to have "Constitutional Carry" the likelyhood of that actually happening is nill at best.

I know, we fought the same battle here in MN. Sometimes you have to take what you can, even though it is not perfect. Thankfully, we had an excellent 2nd Amendment professor and a couple of outstanding lawyers who helped craft our carry law. We certainly have one of the best, if not the best outside of VT, AK, and AZ, carry laws in the nation. But, hey, if you guys want to wait another 50 years for a decent carry law, that is your choice.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
Correct me if I am wrong, but you currently have no ability to carry in WI now and you are bitching about the possibility of having a permit system that would allow you to carry? OK.

Who told you we cannot carry at all? Because that is a huge pile of stinking *********!
We have open-carry with zero permits needed nor mandated training, we have always had it, we just needed the states AG to get the word out the the police so they would quit arresting people for it.
Why the fukk should we give up that right, to go with a permit system that lowers our rights to a mere privilege?

VT, AK & AZ all have carry without permits or mandatory training, there is no reason WI cannot also go that way and that is what we are advocating.

hardballer

so are you done voting? when they havent even done anything? nice

i swear some of you guys are so blind and only read what you want to see, and it seems all of you are so pessimistic I wont be surprised if nothing happens.

Don't blame Walker if some permit system is put in place, in November everyone was praising him because he would sign anything... now it sounds like half of you want him to veto a permit system.

Just a reminder - Ranting on OC.org, and crying to each other doesnt get anything done
You be a nice quiet little boy...OK... I don't give a ratz azz what they think beyond the fact that they better not stray from the platform that got them elected. I am not going to be polite or considerate of their delicate feelings.

I am not going off any deep end. It takes years to fix this crap and these bozos are talking about screwing with what we want. And what we ultimately voted for them for. No, I will not slow down.

Originally Posted by hardballer

Duh-amn!

Although the Wisconsin Republican Party this year struck from its platform language supporting permitted carry rights, Walker indicated Thursday he expects to sign a bill similar to ones Doyle vetoed - which require a permit, as in Minnesota.

cost total to obtain a permit? 150.-300. A right only upon ability to pay, Not according to article 1 section 25

Then i too am off the deep end for i feel the same way, We won't stop voting we'll just start voting third party and let the chips fall where they will. We didn't vote these people into office to inflict a monetary burden on us

It must be a part of the job creation , instructors for hire.
Exactly dah~amn right! Right now, I can tell you that I know people who could not carry if it meant $300 bucks. When it comes down to it, You feed the kids or exercise your Constitutional Right! Not what our forefathers meant when they crafted the Constitution.

Correct me if I am wrong, but you currently have no ability to carry in WI now and you are bitching about the possibility of having a permit system that would allow you to carry? OK. [NO! IT IS NOT OK!]

And, please, before you go off on me that you can OC in WI, remember that is not every where. It certainly depends on where you live and how much abuse you have to put up with from the police. Doesn't sound like real liberty to me. And lastly, while you are correct it would be nice to have "Constitutional Carry" the likelyhood of that actually happening is nill at best. [Attitudes like yours have lost wars. Lost jobs. Lost wives and lost lives. I think the likelyhood of Walker getting elected again is nill if he crawfishes on this deal]

I know, we fought the same battle here in MN. Sometimes you have to take what you can, even though it is not perfect. Thankfully, we had an excellent 2nd Amendment professor and a couple of outstanding lawyers who helped craft our carry law. We certainly have one of the best, if not the best outside of VT, AK, and AZ, carry laws in the nation. But, hey, if you guys want to wait another 50 years for a decent carry law, that is your choice.
We won't have to wait. Criminals already have Constitutional Carry in Wisconsin. So WTF!

Who told you we cannot carry at all? Because that is a huge pile of stinking bullschitt!
We have open-carry with zero permits needed nor mandated training, we have always had it, we just needed the states AG to get the word out the the police so they would quit arresting people for it.
Why the fukk should we give up that right, to go with a permit system that lowers our rights to a mere privilege?

VT, AK & AZ all have carry without permits or mandatory training, there is no reason WI cannot also go that way and that is what we are advocating.
Exactly Right. No reason at all. If we do not raise our voice in protest, we will get what we deserve.

Last edited:

apierce918

Who told you we cannot carry at all? Because that is a huge pile of stinking bullschitt!

you quit reading his post after the first line didnt you?

phred

I know, we fought the same battle here in MN. Sometimes you have to take what you can, even though it is not perfect. Thankfully, we had an excellent 2nd Amendment professor and a couple of outstanding lawyers who helped craft our carry law. We certainly have one of the best, if not the best outside of VT, AK, and AZ, carry laws in the nation.

One of the best? Tell that to bow hunters who cannot carry a sidearm in any fashion while bowhunting. Somebody clearly missed the boat about self defense in the back country.