Thread: If HB-1016 is approved?

If HB-1016 is approved?

If State Law regarding the use of supressors is revised, how many here will be looking at purchasing one. For Pistol only, or also for rifle?

I've given some thought to a Yankee Hill Machine Stainless suppressor that can be used on both my 5.56mm and 7.62mm rifles. Installing the QD adapter/Flash Hider on each rifle allows me to use one suppressor for ALL my rifles.

Also considering one for my 9mm's.

Anyone else out there considering the investment should the law be revised?

For the rifles, my feeling is that there will be fewer complaints when one goes out into the woods or a gravel pit. Most responses by LEO's start out by someone bitching about the noise.

BTW, for those that aren't familiar for the "sound signature" of a suppressed firearm, it's usually the difference between hearing one with "Bare Ears" and the same weapon fired while wearing "Shooting Muffs". Most suppressors reduce noise by 25-30 dba.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

i'd totally get one, someday. they're more expensive than many guns by themselves!

Quote Originally Posted by emtechnik View Post
    i'd totally get one, someday. they're more expensive than many guns by themselves!
    The YHM suppressor is about $600-$700 and the 'adaptor' is about $70. There are some that are real expensive. Have looked at some that are "single weapon" designs and run just short of $2000.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

I will definitely get one for my AR and possibly get a threaded barrel and suppressor for my g22.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Not only will I buy one, but I will build a 300 Whisper to use it on.

bob

BooBoo would want one that would amplify the report.

I'm not a Washington resident but I do have a fair amount of experience in suppressors, short-barrel rifle/shotguns & machineguns, both owning/using and on the legal side (federal law). I think it'd be wonderful if you guys get to starting using this stuff & if anyone has any questions (definitely about the ATF paperwork) feel free to PM me. I'd be more than happy to help you streamline the process & choose the right supressor for you.

Hell no! For the reason emtechnik mentioned above
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

titanium in .30 cal for my 7.62x39 pistol.. already got it picked out...

Good price on summitgunbroker for the YHM 9mm...not sure if it's an older model or not, haven't ever given the thought of getting a suppressor much thought since I can't actually use it. But I definitely will if HB1016 passes.

May look into getting something for my RFB if it passes. Probably not right away due to the cost though...

If the law is revised for suppressors, then it would be nice to have them change the State's law on SBR's.

Essentially it's being bypassed with the AR/AK pistols.
    Last edited by amlevin; 01-17-2011 at 10:03 PM.

Uh....

I lost all of my suppressors in a tragic boating accident.....
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    If the law is revised for suppressors, then it would be nice to have them change the State's law on SBR's.

Essentially it's being bypassed with the AR/AK pistols.

No it's not.

1911 normal vs suppressed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNHpXfzgAm8

This may be the pistol that gave people the idea that a suppressor could actually "silence" a pistol.

During WWII these were produced by the British for their clandestine operations in Europe. Many years ago I read an account by someone that used on where the description of the noise signature was like that of "releasing the gas from a bottle of seltzer". The silencer/suppressor, when assembled didn't have any holes in the washers. They were "installed" at the first shot. The washers, rubber and steel, trapped almost all of the gases within the silencer and only when the bullet left were they slowly released through the final rubber washer.

The "silenced" feature was only good for 10 rounds or so. There were also accounts where individuals were "eliminated" in the middle of restaurants without disturbing any of the other patrons.

This was an effective weapon and was utilized as late as Desert Storm by SAS operators.

Current "suppressors" are not as quiet but they are also good for full auto weapons and last far longer than the 10 rounds or so.

-and then there is the potato, as anyone who was raised on a farm has probably tried ---- once.
    Last edited by amlevin; 01-18-2011 at 10:11 AM.

My bank account doesn't want this to pass
    Last edited by onlurker; 01-18-2011 at 03:27 PM.

if you guys are/might be looking for a suppressor, e-mail chip at chip@cascadearsenal.com
    he will get you the best prices on cans hands down.