• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Posting Gun Control in Proper Context

Awshucks

Banned
Since I've received such a warm reception from the lunatic Catholic fringe (as opposed to Catholics exhibiting thought, honesty and personal conscience) I find a glaring hole in the coverage of this Forum.

What, exactly, is the context of Gun Control in the US and (by analogy) who has ever fostered 'personal weapon' control around the Globe?

Curious that a 'movement' such as 'Open Carry' would neglect so basic an explaination, but, to be fair, perhaps it is too cumbersome a subject for them to concern themselves with right now. They are specializing in the establishment of open carry across all states...a laudable goal.

It has been suggested in another thread, by a supposed ex Roman Catholic, that I undertake a logical and methodical explaination of the process by which the US is being subverted (with gun control merely being one avenue of said subversion). Fine. I'll endevour (with the kind permission of Open Carry.Org) to do so.

Awshucks

Banned
Everything in reality is but cause and effect...does this sound fair enough as a general statement? Whether you attribute Cause to 'God' or 'Nature' or 'Chaos'...most people believe that all outcomes must necessarily have an inception of some sort.

Let us then go to the cause of the establishment of this Republic.

Would most everyone agree that this Nation is the culmination of Two primary principles...that of placing the Right of the Individual as superior to the Right of a King and/or a mob...and that of the Right of the Individual to worship freely that God which he finds most reasonable to him or her self?

The two concepts are bundled quite nicely under the phrase...Base Liberty vs. Divine Right.

I think that is an emminently fair and logical point of origin for the uSa.

BTW, I use the lettering uSa to not only denote the first letters of the Official title of the United States of America, but also to note the sanskrit word for "dawn", the end of darkness. I feel they dovetail quite nicely...don't you?

Awshucks

Banned
Now, let us also begin by looking at the composition of the World and its Nations prior to the establishment of the uSa.

Let us list all the nations of the then developed or developing world which existed free of a monarchy and a priesthood.

Zero, Zip, Nada.

Regardless of the intellect and flowery rhetoric of luminaries from antiquity, those present as the 'protesting' Nations were born, and those born of The Enlightenment to come, there were none.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Let us list all the nations of the then developed or developing world which existed free of a monarchy and a priesthood.

Zero, Zip, Nada.

Wrong. Unless by "developed" you mean the industrial revolution, which hadn't actually occured, yet. If by pre-industrialized societies, complete with laws, foundaries, and medicine, you'll have to go back a few thousand years.

I know some would like to think we invented the politicial wheel, but that is incorrect.

Ruby

Since I've received such a warm reception from the lunatic Catholic fringe (as opposed to Catholics exhibiting thought, honesty and personal conscience) I find a glaring hole in the coverage of this Forum.

What, exactly, is the context of Gun Control in the US and (by analogy) who has ever fostered 'personal weapon' control around the Globe?

Curious that a 'movement' such as 'Open Carry' would neglect so basic an explaination, but, to be fair, perhaps it is too cumbersome a subject for them to concern themselves with right now. They are specializing in the establishment of open carry across all states...a laudable goal.

It has been suggested in another thread, by a supposed ex Roman Catholic, that I undertake a logical and methodical explaination of the process by which the US is being subverted (with gun control merely being one avenue of said subversion). Fine. I'll endevour (with the kind permission of Open Carry.Org) to do so.

This is off topic, way off topic. You have already caused a thread to be locked for taking it off topic and now you're back again. You just don't get it do you?!?

since9

Campaign Veteran
Actually, I think he "gets it." He is (was) doing exactly what he desired to do.

Let him. We can counter. No threads need to be locked for him or anyone else who attempts to interject off-thread rhetoric or post what's clearly nonsense.

If a person attempts to de-rail threads, it's they who should be suspended, not punishing everyone by closing the thread (which as an admin I reserved only for those threads which themselves were inappropriate, or those where most people were dragging it down).

Interestingly enough, this thread is about gun control's proper context, which is largely both political and involving free speech, so while his content may be out to lunch, his approach is largely on-topic.

Still... any other viewpoints on the OP?