• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry on own property

stl

What are the laws on open carry on my own rural property?
If hunting is allowed, I assume target practice also is allowed - are there restrictions?
Thanks.

Big Boy

If it's your property you can carry however you want.

As long as there are no restrictions on discharging a firearm then you would be fine.

Most places you are ok as long as you are out side city limits, but you will want to look into your local law.

cshoff

What are the laws on open carry on my own rural property?
If hunting is allowed, I assume target practice also is allowed - are there restrictions?
Thanks.

You can carry in whatever manner you choose on property you own. You can even carry concealed without a CCW permit. I will caution you that there have been people harassed and ticketed for having exposed firearms on "their" property in St. Louis City, and if you choose to openly carry carry on your property in an area like that where the local PD is very hostile towards firearms owners, I wouldn't at all be surprised if you got to meet some of the area's "finest".

Last edited: