• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB 4009 - Let's get it moving!

PDinDetroit

A petition to submit to the Michigan State Legislature in regards to House Bills 4009 and 4010 of 2011 has been started. This petition will be submitted to all members of the Michigan State Legislature and to the Governor. I ask that you sign this petition and forward it to everyone you know. Let us send a clear message to those who represent us.

http://www.petitiononline.com/MIHB4009/petition.html

Signed.

Posted to USA Carry as well.

quarter horseman

A petition to submit to the Michigan State Legislature in regards to House Bills 4009 and 4010 of 2011 has been started. This petition will be submitted to all members of the Michigan State Legislature and to the Governor. I ask that you sign this petition and forward it to everyone you know. Let us send a clear message to those who represent us.

Done!

DetroitBiker

I got my first reply back from Mr. Horn also

Mr. XXXXXX,

Thank you for your email. I support elimination of the no-carry zones, and appreciate knowing your position on the matter as well.

Sincerely,
get-attachment.aspx

Kenneth B. Horn
State Representative
94th District

1/19/2011 3:37 PM >>>
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

eastmeyers

Email it to everyone you know, as well as post it to your FaceBook, MySpace, and Twitter. Asking all law-abiding-citizens in Michigan 18+ to sign!

stainless1911

Banned
Walsh left message
Heise took my name and #
Gilbert same ^
Horn not on committee?, but supporting
Scott supports
Damrow left message
Maxlow noted call
Pettalia took name and #
Cavanagh will give the message
Olumba noted
Oakes email
Jacobsen email
Sommerville left message
Meadows will let him know
Constan same as ^
Brown same as ^
Irwin taking down #'s

I could sense a general support for the bill, many were keeping track of our calls.

bsf

Walsh left message
Heise took my name and #
Gilbert same ^
Horn not on committee?, but supporting
Scott supports
Damrow left message
Maxlow noted call
Pettalia took name and #
Cavanagh will give the message
Olumba noted
Oakes email
Jacobsen email
Sommerville left message
Meadows will let him know
Constan same as ^
Brown same as ^
Irwin taking down #'s

I could sense a general support for the bill, many were keeping track of our calls.

Kenneth B. Horn, (R), 94th District is listed as a Judiciary Committee Member on the MI House Committee Webpage. ?????

http://www.house.mi.gov/committeeinfo.asp?lstcommittees=Judiciary&submit=Go

TheQsAidan

Call Results

I contacted everyone on the list and when I was able to speak with a human I got varying forms of the same message. "The bill hasn't come up for discussion yet, and Rep. X wants to have a better idea on the wording of the bill before making a decision." I got tentative support from most of the Republicans and carefully worded non-answers from most of the Democrats.

I had about a 10 minute conversation with the staffer for Rep. Patrick Somerville. He said that our calling individual reps is step 3 when steps 1 & 2 haven't happened yet. He was also concerned that in trying to get all of the PFZs repealed. He said it would likely have a better chance of passing if the schools and bars were taken out and tried for later. He then apologized if it sounded like he was grumbling. He said that the office had gotten about 30 calls that day on other matters and almost 75 regarding HB4009.

sprinklerguy28

Dear Sprinklerguy28,

Thank you for your email regarding House Bill 4009. Truly, this is a very important issue to our state your opinion is appreciated.

As a member of the NRA and Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Owners (MCRGO), I am a strong supporter of gun rights and the 2nd amendment. I look forward to legislation such as House Bill 4009 being considered in the 96th Legislature. Furthermore, I am excited to sit on the Committee for Judiciary and fully examine this bill with fellow legislators. Although at this time I am still analyzing and studying this bill, I promise to keep your thoughts in mind if and when this piece of legislation comes before me on the House floor.

Due to the volume of not just "spam," but also of legitimate "mass e-mail" from activist groups and others, it would greatly accelerate our response if we know you live in Alpena, Alcona, Montmorency, Crawford, Oscoda, or Presque Isle counties and you provide your name and address. If your original message did not include your full home mailing address, and you would like a response to your comments, please reply to this message with your name, full address, and phone number, and we will respond as soon as we are able.

In addition, please be aware that legislative courtesy requires me to refer individuals from outside my legislative district to the appropriate Representative. If you are not a constituent of my district, you may find contact information for your Representative at:

http://www.house.mi.gov/find_a_rep.asp

Your State Senator can also be found at:

http://senate.michigan.gov/SenatorInfo/find-your-senator.htm

Thank you again for your communicating your concern. If you have any further comments or questions, please email or call my office at (517) 373-0833.

Sincerely,

Peter Pettalia
State Representative
106th District

stainless1911

Banned
He was also concerned that in trying to get all of the PFZs repealed. He said it would likely have a better chance of passing if the schools and bars were taken out and tried for later.

So that would imply that they still don't know that you can carry openly in these areas.:banghead:

This bill should satisfy those who are against our constitutional right to do that.