• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wal Mart San Marcos, Ca

CREWDAD

Since I'm new to North San Diego County, moving up from El Cajon, I figured I would give the Wal Mart in San Marcos a chance. It went well, a lot of looks and murmuring; "He has a gun" , "Maybe he's a cop?" , "Don't look!"
So any ways, I wanted to just try and mind my own business on this run and not act out as an activist today. I had pamphlets in case anyone wanted to engage me in conversation, but in 45 minutes of shopping, no body asked, so all's well and ends well.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
Since I'm new to North San Diego County, moving up from El Cajon, I figured I would give the Wal Mart in San Marcos a chance. It went well, a lot of looks and murmuring; "He has a gun" , "Maybe he's a cop?" , "Don't look!"
So any ways, I wanted to just try and mind my own business on this run and not act out as an activist today. I had pamphlets in case anyone wanted to engage me in conversation, but in 45 minutes of shopping, no body asked, so all's well and ends well.

There's no way to impart the normalcy of carrying a firearm by 'acting out as an activist'. It is far easier to communicate 'business as usual' without the distractions of the media, police, and Brady anti-gun protesters interfering. While you may have overheard some play by play commentary, this was a bit of a good thing, because you are now instigating conversation of the issue by people who had'nt thought about it before in this particular context. When police are not called and do not arrive to detain you or cart you away, and nothing horrific happens, the observers will realize that despite what they have been told by the media and CLEO's that are anti-liberty, many times nothing bad happens when people carry a gun.

When someone notices-- smile and nod and continue shopping. Clearly this was a sucess, as if someone called the police and they responded, they would have been there before you were ready to leave.