Thread: Mental state ??

Federal Way, Washington, USA

Mental state ??

Have no mental health conditions that would prohibit you from having a license.

Is the statement on the CPL... What are the mental health conditions or list of? Autism on it? I can find a thing regarding such list.

Thanks in advance

Kitsap Co., Washington, USA
    Off the top of my head (or hopefully corrected if wrong) i believe you would have to have stayed 15+ days in a mental institution, or has been declared insane.

- I know it is spelled out in the firearms related RCW somewhere, but i just got home from work so I'll leave the surfing to you

As for Autism, Downs, or any other similar condition... i honestly cant say. Interesting question indeed. Might depend on the severity and if that one is self reliant or has any criminal charges etc??? - just a guess.

~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Renton, Washington, USA
    The applicable RCW (one of them anyway) is 9.41.040. If you have Dave Workman's book Washington State Gun Rights and Responsibilities, it starts on page 45. I haven't read the whole thing recently; it also talks about someone being not found guilty by reason of insanity. IDK if this will answer your question, but it's a start.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    As I would interpret this provision, It would be a condition that could make one a hazard to themselves or others. It would also require that one have been committed for treatment or "adjudicated" as having a condition that makes them a hazard to society.

There probably isn't a "list" as such because one can become a hazard for numerous reasons or combinations of conditions. Usually behavior starts the evaluation process and then they try and find a "name" for it.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

wow my son and i have had this conversation. but he has many years to go. he wants to build a musket. but when he gets over stimulated he has a hard time controling his temper but he can. and no autisum will not stop you. it is i believe over 15 days in a mental instiution the 72 hr involentary med check dose not count ether if what i read was correct