• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mental state ??

Triple Tap

Have no mental health conditions that would prohibit you from having a license.

Is the statement on the CPL... What are the mental health conditions or list of? Autism on it? I can find a thing regarding such list.

Thanks in advance

Batousaii

Off the top of my head (or hopefully corrected if wrong) i believe you would have to have stayed 15+ days in a mental institution, or has been declared insane.

- I know it is spelled out in the firearms related RCW somewhere, but i just got home from work so I'll leave the surfing to you :)

As for Autism, Downs, or any other similar condition... i honestly cant say. Interesting question indeed. Might depend on the severity and if that one is self reliant or has any criminal charges etc??? - just a guess.

Bat.

Ruby

The applicable RCW (one of them anyway) is 9.41.040. If you have Dave Workman's book Washington State Gun Rights and Responsibilities, it starts on page 45. I haven't read the whole thing recently; it also talks about someone being not found guilty by reason of insanity. IDK if this will answer your question, but it's a start.

amlevin

As I would interpret this provision, It would be a condition that could make one a hazard to themselves or others. It would also require that one have been committed for treatment or "adjudicated" as having a condition that makes them a hazard to society.

There probably isn't a "list" as such because one can become a hazard for numerous reasons or combinations of conditions. Usually behavior starts the evaluation process and then they try and find a "name" for it.

robp

wow my son and i have had this conversation. but he has many years to go. he wants to build a musket. but when he gets over stimulated he has a hard time controling his temper but he can. and no autisum will not stop you. it is i believe over 15 days in a mental instiution the 72 hr involentary med check dose not count ether if what i read was correct