• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Murder-Suicide at Peet's Coffee

xmattedgex

That's so sad to hear. It's crazy that stuff like this is happening more and more often and California wants to take my gun away. I know that if I was the guy that was murdered I probably wouldn't have had time to draw my gun, but at least I may have been able to stand a chance. I hate this state, I need to move!

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
The irony to this event is that while we point to the murder/suicide and say gun-free zones don't work, the Brady Campaign, LCAV and other use that same event to justify their position- saying that if there were no guns this wouldnt have happened. This further illustrates the logical disconnect with the anti-gunners. It is impossible to uninvent the firearm and you cannot criminalize possession to cull the numbers of firearms owned to achieve peaceful utopia. The criminals just don't care whether their gun is allowed or not.

dirtykoala

This means 1 of two things:

Gun control does not work

or

This is a fake news story