• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Firearms group that doesn't believe in the rights of gun owners.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
to Lacrosse Tribune;

Unlike Wisconsin Carry Inc that you interviewed for your Article on Wisconsin Gun Law and CCW Carry in Wisconsin we support a Permit based system as we agree it is not a good idea to have people be able to have concealed carry weapons with out and Training nor permit based system..

Should you need further ino feel free to contact me antime, I do this full time. I also work with Dave Zien on the original bill and his other gun friendly legislatures unlike Wisconsin Carry, they are new and only believe that we should have no requirements to any Concealed carry law and no fees even to institute it..

that's what sets us apart, WE feel in today's world that is not a good fit yet..or least not in our state. You have to learn to walk before you can run..
--
Michael Walker
Director
Wisconsin Concealed Carry Reform
www.wiconcealedcarry.org
admin@...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wisconsinconcealedcarryreform

So now we in Wisconsin don't deserve the rights of those in other states...

hmmm....

Thanks for your less-than-principled stance Michael Walker.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

This is a non profit Movement dedicated to the passage of a Conceald Carry law in Wisconsin. Wisconsin is one a only a few states that does not have a Concealed Carry Law. This is a serious group and donations are accepted to support our efforts. Firearms training is available to members of this movment at a discount.

protias

I just looked at their Yahoo Groups membership. It only has 138 members in 6 years!

AaronS

hmmm....

Wow, what a joke. This Michael Walker is so far off I don't understand what his goals are. Oh wait, he has "classes" to sell, now I get what his point is... He just wants cash, not rights at all. Real nice guy. Hope he is forced to move to a state that charges for its rights. China comes to mind...

-- 138 members in 6 years? What a joke...

Last edited:

XDFDE45

-- 138 members in 6 years? What a joke...
+1.gif

IcrewUH60

that's what sets us apart, WE feel in today's world that is not a good fit yet..or least not in our state. You have to learn to walk before you can run..--
Michael Walker
Director
www.wiconcealedcarry.org
admin@...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wiscon...ledcarryreform

hmmm....

Well, at least now we know what sets "them" apart... their feelings about fitting in??? WTF:cuss:

I don't remember delegating ARTICLE I SEC 25 of the Wisconsin Constitution to Wisconsin Concealed Carry Reform

phred

Description
This is a non profit Movement dedicated to the passage of a Conceald Carry law in Wisconsin. Wisconsin is one a only a few states that does not have a Concealed Carry Law. This is a serious group and donations are accepted to support our efforts. Firearms training is available to members of this movment at a discount.

I think this last sentence says it all. I'm going to bet that there are a lot of instructors in this group.

Last edited:

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wisconsinconcealedcarryreform/message/1920

You folks have to remember that this was the group meant to sideline Concealed carry in Wisconsin in 2005...they wre the group that wanted all or nothing...

Notice what they say, they do not want anything, no classes, ??? huh no classes, I still believe people have to learn how to conceal carry, no fees?? we all need to make a living..

Shall Issue is pretty good in my opinion and I am willing to work with the government as long as I can legally Conceal Carry within reason...

Wisconsin Carry were the ones has a weird agenda, they were the ones that walked in parades showing of their right to carry thus freaking people out! I remember Dick head of WCCA back then when I was a member asking me to join them walking, and I thought it was a bad idea then, and it still is..open carry is great for certain things, but not walking around town, it gives us a bad name with folks and they think your nuts..

Our bill will not pass with this all or nothing attitude..alot of folks forgot about this..in 2005..

Constitutional carry will happen in some states that favor weapons, like Alaska, Arizona, but you have to start somewhere like where we are, Wisconsin! then we get what we can for now..which will be pretty darn good and no way will the government just jump in for constitutional carry. Just think about it a Governor is going to hear from both sides..not just ours..

Also I believe in Training people, popping a gun concealed is not a book! as they compare it to, it's a weapon, it kills people, you need to be trained in how to handle situations period..

Michael
Director

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
What's with all the hate towards WCI? :confused:

Everyone wishes that "they" owned the gun rights movement in Wisconsin.

Some groups think because they've existed longer they have a moral claim to the movement.

I offer that no one owns the movement in Wisconsin. Not WCI, not the NRA, not WGO, the USCCA, WCCA or anyone else.

We ALL have to live under the laws and no matter if a group or individual has been active for 1 day or 20 years, they have as much moral claim to what laws they will have to live under as anyone else.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran

WCI is a new organization, created a little over a year ago that now has what 2 - 3 thousand members ? against their 138, but they have a well respected ex Republican politician Dave Z. , who I have met on a number of occasions back in the late 90's when he was still a senator when I was heavily involved in ABATE. Dave a real nice guy who I thought was a patriot, but he is a former well connected politician & knows the right people. so even though they number less than 200 members , do not under estimate them.

Dave Z. Wrote the first PPA/CCW bill a very restrictive bill knowing full well that the bill would never be scheduled for a floor vote, meaning he was authoring the PPA/CCW bills so he could be a real hero to the Gun Community. Tommy Thompson was NOT a pro CCW governor.

Last edited:

CUOfficer

You can scold me later, but I emailed the Director. I asked him what his organization had done to promote the cause and advance gun rights in Wisconsin. I asked him why I had never heard of his organization, and why they were just trying to garner media attention. Also, I mentioned why he thought it relevant to attack another gun rights organization. His response follows:

We have been here since 2003 and on Yahoo Groups since 2005, there is only one other that has been here longer and that's Wisconsin Concealed Carry.

I have been intervied on TV, and also in papers back then and worked Directly with Senator Dave Zien, I have photo proof and also paperwork proof. We were asked by him personally to teach him and others. I was also given his personal contact and email list.

Thank you your inquiry

Of course he skirted my question about the attacks. I don't know why this infuriated me enough to email him. I feel like the time is coming for this to come to fruition and he is stepping forth like he's been doing all the work. I don't really care WHO leads the way to the legislation being passed, but Wisconsin Carry has done more than every organization, including the NRA. Rant over.....