• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

On this Martin Luther King Day...

TFred

No doubt your Facebook News Feed is full of your friends' favorite MLK quotes today.

Let's take a moment to recall one of his lesser-known quotes, from a speech titled Nonviolence: The Only Road to Freedom, given on May 4, 1966:

There are many people who very honestly raise the question of self-defense. This must be placed in perspective. It goes without saying that people will protect their homes. This is a right guaranteed by the Constitution and respected even in the worst areas of the South. But the mere protection of one's home and person against assault by lawless night riders does not provide any positive approach to the fears and conditions which produce violence.

Obviously Dr. King was fighting the evils of that day on a different plain than mere physical protection, and that was the point of this particular speech. But as a part of this fight, he assumed it was normal, beyond question, that one would protect their own homes and by implication, families and loved ones, from that violence.

Nobody disputes that Dr. King was a man of peace. I am reassured to know that he was also a man who believed in defending the home.

TFred

vaeevictiss

also...

Finally, I contended that the debate over the question of self-defense was unnecessary since few people suggested that Negroes should not defend themselves as individuals when attacked. The question was not whether one should use his gun when his home was attacked, but whether it was tactically wise to use a gun while participating in an organized demonstration."
Martin Luther King, Jr., Where Do We Go From Here: Chaos or Community?
Chapter II, Black Power, Page 27, Harper & Row Publishers Inc., First Edition, 1967.

"As we have seen, the first public expression of disenchantment with nonviolence arose around the question of "self-defense." In a sense this is a false issue, for the right to defend one's home and one's person when attacked has been guaranteed through the ages by common law."
Martin Luther King, Jr., Where Do We Go From Here: Chaos or Community?
Chapter II, Black Power, Page 55, Harper & Row Publishers Inc., First Edition, 1967.

since9

Campaign Veteran
My German great-grandparents emmigrated here in the mid-1880s, long before WWI. I'm quite sure I mentioned my grandpa carrying his .410 shotgun to school along with the rest of his classmates back in grade school.

In fact, although they came here shortly before the Civil War, some of their sons died in that war.

Why? Like many others, they thought America would not kill them for their beliefs. They were happy to fight for their beliefs.

They weren't sequesterd (a very polite term for imprisoned) during either WWI or WWII, so why were people of Japanese heritage so imprisoned?

So, on MLK day I posted one of MLK's quotes on FB, yet despite having nearly 200 FB friends, some of whom are either black or of other ethnicity, I received only one reply.

What the heck is up with that?

Sheesh!

I am a blue-eyed, blond-haired, American "white people." I am truly ashamed of the rest of you all, even if my hair is now mostly silver, the rest of which long ago turned dark (ash) blond.

Who gives a freaking rip?

You?

I didn't make a NYD's resolution. Instead, here's my MLK days resolution: To help ferret out all the MF who belief that race has anything to do with sanity, rationality, belief, or anything else which truly matters in this world.

If you're still stuck in that centurie's-old mindsent, I know of more than a few Louisiana swamps into which you can march yourselves to your heart's content! Won't be much of you after the gators have had you, but you'll definately have become a sweet song sung in the by and bye.

In the meantime, my personal, fairly racial-free attitude (in case you didn't catch that before) my have been the factor behind my having been chosen to be the C-130 Nav on an otherwise all-black crew to a Tuskegee Airmen's banquet in Alabama, somewhere between 1995 and 1997. I don't recall the year, but regardless of the year, I grew up in the South, yet somehow escaped it's rampant racism, and one thing I'm proud of more than most else, is that racism will NOT be a part of my blood.

If you would like to bring your attitude to our next OC event, fine. I may not be "kwikrnu," but I guarantee I'm a hell of a lot faster than you.

So, please don't!

OC events aren't about debating race issues. They're about Open Carry, period, bar none.

Back to the post, I also talked with my folks about his legacy, particularly since we grew up in the south, yet after his slaying. I discussed with them both those with whom all of us have served our country over the years. Although both my parents were embroiled in that era, mostly in anti-black oil, these days, having worked with people of other races over the last 50 years, their voices have changed.

Hugely.

As I think most voices have changed.

Still, there are some turkey's out there...

GAH! You give us all a bad name. Fooey! Away with you and your kind!

- blonde-haired, blue-eyed US patriot, and damn well proud of it

Been There

My German great-grandparents emmigrated here in the mid-1880s, long before WWI. I'm quite sure I mentioned my grandpa carrying his .410 shotgun to school along with the rest of his classmates back in grade school.

In fact, although they came here shortly before the Civil War, some of their sons died in that war.

Why? Like many others, they thought America would not kill them for their beliefs. They were happy to fight for their beliefs.

They weren't sequesterd (a very polite term for imprisoned) during either WWI or WWII, so why were people of Japanese heritage so imprisoned?

So, on MLK day I posted one of MLK's quotes on FB, yet despite having nearly 200 FB friends, some of whom are either black or of other ethnicity, I received only one reply.

What the heck is up with that?

Sheesh!

I am a blue-eyed, blond-haired, American "white people." I am truly ashamed of the rest of you all, even if my hair is now mostly silver, the rest of which long ago turned dark (ash) blond.

Who gives a freaking rip?

You?

I didn't make a NYD's resolution. Instead, here's my MLK days resolution: To help ferret out all the MF who belief that race has anything to do with sanity, rationality, belief, or anything else which truly matters in this world.

If you're still stuck in that centurie's-old mindsent, I know of more than a few Louisiana swamps into which you can march yourselves to your heart's content! Won't be much of you after the gators have had you, but you'll definately have become a sweet song sung in the by and bye.

In the meantime, my personal, fairly racial-free attitude (in case you didn't catch that before) my have been the factor behind my having been chosen to be the C-130 Nav on an otherwise all-black crew to a Tuskegee Airmen's banquet in Alabama, somewhere between 1995 and 1997. I don't recall the year, but regardless of the year, I grew up in the South, yet somehow escaped it's rampant racism, and one thing I'm proud of more than most else, is that racism will NOT be a part of my blood.

If you would like to bring your attitude to our next OC event, fine. I may not be "kwikrnu," but I guarantee I'm a hell of a lot faster than you.

So, please don't!

OC events aren't about debating race issues. They're about Open Carry, period, bar none.

Back to the post, I also talked with my folks about his legacy, particularly since we grew up in the south, yet after his slaying. I discussed with them both those with whom all of us have served our country over the years. Although both my parents were embroiled in that era, mostly in anti-black oil, these days, having worked with people of other races over the last 50 years, their voices have changed.

Hugely.

As I think most voices have changed.

Still, there are some turkey's out there...

GAH! You give us all a bad name. Fooey! Away with you and your kind!

- blonde-haired, blue-eyed US patriot, and damn well proud of it

WOW!! You're out there!!

Sounds like you've got allot of hatred couped up inside.

Would you die for your fellow man? Most of us would! I know I will! :D

So who's the patriot?!! :uhoh:

Last edited:

OldCurlyWolf

WOW!! You're out there!!

Sounds like you've got allot of hatred couped up inside.

Would you die for your fellow man? Most of us would! I know I will! :D

So who's the patriot?!! :uhoh:

Learn to not comment in the dark. Since 9 has already put his backside on the line to protect others.

Have YOU??

KansasMustang

Since he's new here, I'm willing to give Been_there the benefit of the doubt. He just doesn't know any better. But Since9 retired from the Air Force and is a Patriot for sure Mr. Been_There. And if you don't know what that rather large pair of stripes mean that is my Avatar, it means I've been there myself. I suggest you do your homework on this forum and it's members to understand who WE are, BROTHER. Back to the topic at hand.
Martin Luther King INHO ranks among the great men of this country, and while we're not there yet one of these days in spite of the Federal Government we may ALL be able to judge a man by the content of his character not the color of his skin, or any other idiotic judgment. Having said that, Since9 was stating I'm sure that since his beginnings in a less than racially harmonic area were NOT a factor in his beliefs that any person can overcome the falsehoods that surrounded him and be a better person for it. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Been There

Since he's new here, I'm willing to give Been_there the benefit of the doubt. He just doesn't know any better. But Since9 retired from the Air Force and is a Patriot for sure Mr. Been_There. And if you don't know what that rather large pair of stripes mean that is my Avatar, it means I've been there myself. I suggest you do your homework on this forum and it's members to understand who WE are, BROTHER. Back to the topic at hand.
Martin Luther King INHO ranks among the great men of this country, and while we're not there yet one of these days in spite of the Federal Government we may ALL be able to judge a man by the content of his character not the color of his skin, or any other idiotic judgment. Having said that, Since9 was stating I'm sure that since his beginnings in a less than racially harmonic area were NOT a factor in his beliefs that any person can overcome the falsehoods that surrounded him and be a better person for it. Have a nice day.

KansasMustang
I also respect a man wearing those stripes!

I guess that you don't know me and none of you would. Are you suggesting that I sit back and read this forum for awhile before I make any comments? Is this what this forum is about? Learn your place and speak when spoken too?

With rants like "MF'ers" and "away with you" talk, leads me to believe that "9" is angry with people in general. No, I don't know him and I probably never will. I don't try and judge people without trying to get to know them first. He may be the best friend a guy could have, but on the outside looking in, I wouldn't guess him that way. (no offense, Since9)

There's enough fighting going on with the left wing nuts trying to destroy the 2nd Amendment Right and to see fellow OC bicker amongst each other over what is just each other opinion, is just not right.

I guess this is not the forum that I thought it was.

Have a great day!!
Sergeant Major

Last edited:

TFred

Today is a good day to remind ourselves - or in some cases learn for the first time - that Martin Luther King, Jr. was not a man who blindly preached the modern-day liberal view of gun-control. He owned guns, and knew he needed protection. He was well aware of the racist motivation for keeping guns out of the hands of the defenseless, as he was a personal victim of these policies, having been denied a concealed carry permit, in spite of the many threats on his life.

The speech quoted in the first post on this thread was a surprise to me when I learned of it, and it is important to share with others who have been brainwashed by the cultural elite.

TFred