• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sorry sir, this is a federal buildiing.

jfrey123

i was at my doctors office for an appointment. The office manager a light in the loafers type come over to me and tells me that they have a no gun policy in the office.

I ask where is the sign? "that is our policy? I tell him i am here to see my doctor and as a retired leo and a possessor of a ccw permit i am allowed to take my gun anywhere except goverment buildings, schools etc and he is not impressed.

I ask if i do not dump the gun are you going to ask me to leave? He has no reply. I tell him that i am here to see my doctor and not to discuss your anti2a policies. He walks away. I see my doctor. I ask her about it. She knows nothing about an anti weapon policy in her office and sez she will look into it.

She does and calls me at home advising me that she had been accumulating documentation to dismiss her office manager for some time and this final straw should be enuf to do the trick and would i testify in court if suit is brought against her.

I told her i would be there like white on rice if needed.

This was a clear case of some knuckleheaded liberal foisting his agenda without the backing of the head of the operation because he thought nobody would care enuf to complain. Wrong.

fantastic!!!!!!!!!!

Beau

Question on FDIC.

These managers that say that being FDIC insured makes them a Federal building make it sound like the builiding is insured by the FDIC.

I thought that only the money was insured by the FDIC, not the building itself.

For instance. BG robs bank and shoots up the place. FDIC would cover the loss of physical monies. The damage done by bullets would be covered by a different and private insurance carrier.

Is this right or wrong?

paul@paul-fisher.com

Question on FDIC.

These managers that say that being FDIC insured makes them a Federal building make it sound like the builiding is insured by the FDIC.

I thought that only the money was insured by the FDIC, not the building itself.

For instance. BG robs bank and shoots up the place. FDIC would cover the loss of physical monies. The damage done by bullets would be covered by a different and private insurance carrier.

Is this right or wrong?

Actually, I believe a bank robbery and/or damage and/or liability would be covered by a traditional insurance company, like State Farm or such. FDIC only comes into play if the bank fails.

http://www.fdic.gov/about/affaq.html

Q. What is the FDIC?
A. The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) preserves and promotes public confidence in the U.S. financial system by insuring depositors for at least $250,000 per insured bank; by identifying, monitoring and addressing risks to the deposit insurance funds; and by limiting the effect on the economy and the financial system when a bank or thrift institution fails

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Paul is 100% correct

Heh, heh, heh. That gives me an idea:

Bank Employee: "You can't carry here. Since we are insured by FDIC, this is a federal building."

Citizen: "Oh! By invoking FDIC are you suggesting the bank is about to fail? Maybe I should talk to your supervisor. THAT is an alarming suggestion."

:)

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Heh, heh, heh. That gives me an idea:

Bank Employee: "You can't carry here. Since we are insured by FDIC, this is a federal building."

Citizen: "Oh! By invoking FDIC are you suggesting the bank is about to fail? Maybe I should talk to your supervisor. THAT is an alarming suggestion."

:)

Heh, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of that.

devildoc5

So I thought this would be a funny story to share, I went into my local Bank of America with my girlfriend so that she could get some cash out and put it in my account to pay the rent. Usually we would just use the drive up ATM, but she has not had a card for the last 4 months. They kept canceling her card because it was " involved with a bunch of other cards in a major fraud". This is now the 5th card that has been caught up in this fraud deal and she was ready to leave the bank. So we got out of the car and walked up to the bank to be greeted by the guard who told me I could not carry in the building. I politely asked him why and he said that it was Bank of America's company policy. I asked him if he was sure of this and he said he was pretty sure. I then asked for a manager and he went in to get one. My girlfriend went in to do her business because she was not carrying. The manager came out and said that it is the company policy not to allow guns in the building because it is a federal building. I told him that they are privately owned and this is not a federal building. He seemed convinced that it was a federal building because they are insured by the FDIC. I told him that it is just an insurance policy and does not make you part of the federal government. He stood his ground and would not let me in to do business. My girlfriend came out and looked very upset so I asked for his name and their corporate phone number which he went and got for me, then offered to let me in if I put my gun in the car. I told him I would not do this so he went back inside. The guard said he was pretty sure they were federal property because he was not able to work at their main office once because he had a warrant for a traffic ticket. I told him that it was because they did not want an armed guard with a warrant at their main office, not because it was federal property. I thanked him for his time and let him know that it was not his fault he was given incorrect information, then got back in my car to leave. I asked my girlfriend why she seemed upset and she told me that the manager and the clerks were making fun of the idea of someone trying to bring a gun inside while she was waiting to talk to the same manager about why she still can not get a debit card. This was pretty much the last straw with that company so we decided to find a new bank. We did some research and found that Nevada Federal Credit Union sounded like a really nice bank. The board of directors is people who live here in Nevada, and every account owner has a vote in their elections. We went to the branch closest to us and started to open new accounts. I had to run home to get an updated proof of residence so she asked a lot of questions and was really happy with the answers she got. When I came back I told the clerk that I had only one questions, and that was what is their policy on firearms in their branches. She told me that as long as it is carried safely and it is a legal weapon to own their did not care. She told me that Nevada law allows open carry and if I have the correct permit I can conceal carry with no problems at all. I told her my story and she started laughing, then told me of a similar issue she and her husband had at a restaurant a while back. I let her know that I was really happy with the answer and was excited to open a new account with her company. After ten or so minutes of chit chat she let me know that she has her CCW and carries every day, even at work. I just want to let everyone know that they have employees that know the law and are happy to help someone who decides to openly carry.

Had this problem with BofA in WA state (although they didnt use FDIC/Federal property) I was told that their corporate policy was only to allow cops and bank robbers have guns inside the bank. (so if you are a bank robber feel free to go there, no problem right?)

Anyways I contacted the regional manager who informed me that the policy of BofA is to comply with state law.

So there is your final answer on that subject...