• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Press Coverage of Lobby Day 2011

DJEEPER

This guy has it right. You should be able to carry this handgun or ANY gun if you're a law abiding citizen. He went into the building without being hassled or bothered. Good for him!

View attachment 5011
I even had an outstanding chat with the head of security. He was asking me all about it because he wants to build one also! haha.

Cool guy and very knowledgeable... i hope i didnt keep him TOO busy :)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I even had an outstanding chat with the head of security. He was asking me all about it because he wants to build one also! haha.

The comment when the Officer in front was told was " where was he carrying it?"...:lol:

The lady behind the desk told him it was on your side (she slapped her side just under her arm) and he went looking for you.

Vanns40

I was the bald, ex-cop that snapped the pic of you. That pic may propel you to fame and fortune! :) How about an AK pistol for next year? I hope everybody realizes there are no good or bad guns and we should keep reminding folks of that.

DJEEPER

The comment when the Officer in front was told was " where was he carrying it?"...:lol:

The lady behind the desk told him it was on your side (she slapped her side just under her arm) and he went looking for you.

Yeah, he said he was waiting for me in the first line that i was in, but the lady cop at the door told us to go around to the CHP side door since it was quicker. He told me he was going to be there when i came through to clear up any potential confusion on legalities since he knew it was a pistol and 100% legal to have. Once again, i would like to buy that guy a soda pop one day.

I was the bald, ex-cop that snapped the pic of you. That pic may propel you to fame and fortune! :) How about an AK pistol for next year? I hope everybody realizes there are no good or bad guns and we should keep reminding folks of that.

an AK pistol wont go too well with my suit ;) But thanks haha :D

VApatriot

I didn't want to start a new thread for this question, but did anyone else happen to enter the Capital Building on Monday? I ask because I'm looking to hear what kind of experiences others had with security there.

I found it odd that the Capital Police there seemed surprised to see individuals (my brother and me) carrying, and, unlike entering the General Assembly Building, we had to empty our pockets of metal, including my extra mag.

Did this happen to anyone else?

nuc65

Activist Member
How does this image make you feel?

gun-supporters-converge-on-state-capitol

1) Cool!

2) I'm scared!

3) There should be a law

4) I want one!

It brings back memories of Isreal and the good looking gals packing machine guns. I really didn't know if I loved her or what she was packing more.

Last edited:

t33j

The name on his tag was Perry.

USNA69

Obviously some remember when Rt. 60 was THE main route to and from Richmond. :D

It still is my preferred route, especially when traffic is heavy on I-64.

I, too, remember when Pierce's was a walk-up. When I-64 went through and took the traffic off of Rte 60, the truckers on I-64 would stop on the siding and all but leveled the fence in order to get over to Pierce's. It is never a smart thing to place a fence of any kind between a trucker and his BBQ.

DontTreadOnMeVa

I didn't want to start a new thread for this question, but did anyone else happen to enter the Capital Building on Monday? I ask because I'm looking to hear what kind of experiences others had with security there.

I found it odd that the Capital Police there seemed surprised to see individuals (my brother and me) carrying, and, unlike entering the General Assembly Building, we had to empty our pockets of metal, including my extra mag.

I only got asked, "is that your only gun?". I said yes, and officer did not bother to wand me, make me take out my keys or pocket knife or anything. He seamed most worried about how many guns each of us had. Weird considering the fact it did not matter how many we had. Theater

Vanns40

I just badged my way in. My buddy, however, was practically stripped searched EACH AND EVERY TIME we went in! Of course, in fairness, he does look a little devious. :)

t33j

good memory! Too bad you didn't get the group having a conversation with him ;)

I wrote it down :)
I did... unless you mean on camera. That lens was way to long for inside. I deleted all the audio I recorded.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I wrote it down :)
I did... unless you mean on camera. That lens was way to long for inside. I deleted all the audio I recorded.

He did do a good job with everyone. For some unknown reason (It's on the "why did you do this and under what authority" list for the Chief) they weren't allowing people who had rolled up banners, in.
Perry let one of the Bike People store his behind the front desk.

wylde007

I only got asked, "is that your only gun?". I said yes, and officer did not bother to wand me, make me take out my keys or pocket knife or anything. He seamed most worried about how many guns each of us had. Weird considering the fact it did not matter how many we had. Theater
He was asking about the Capital building. We went into the GA building. The Capital is the big white building atop the hill on the east side of the complex.

MSC 45ACP

I was also asked "Is that your only gun?" I responded "No". He asked where 'it' was and I told him in my pocket. He asked why I cafrried more than one. I responded "Because I can".

Shannon and I were finishing our lunch at Pierces when Wylde drove up. While waiting for our food inside, a few people saw our GSL and 'loophole' stickers. One large woman's eyes bugged out and gave us a wide berth. I don't even think she saw the Kimber on my left hip because it was so crowded. I had a few people ask about the stickers while we were in line. I handed out FOUR of 'Ed's OC Cards' to the folks that were around us in line. All were interested in OC and non-confrontational. While talking to Wylde in the parking lot, we saw some out of state plates. I pointed at one from Maryland and said "That must be the lady that didn't like our stickers". Good chuckles from that one...

Last edited:

DontTreadOnMeVa

He was asking about the Capital building. We went into the GA building. The Capital is the big white building atop the hill on the east side of the complex.

Yes, I mis-read that....I was thinking about the difference in how they handled entering the GA building last year vs. this year. Last year in the GA. they never asked me or anyone around me the number of guns they had....but they did wand everyone. This year, more questions.....less wanding. An oversight on my part.

Last edited: