Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still a little confused!

Still a little confused!

So I successfully open carry in Joplin with no incidents or anyone noticing. My question is do can you have a loaded weapon or does the magazine have to be out of the weapon?

Smile

You can have it loaded.

Thanks appreciated!!

no, your weapon must be loaded with Cheeto's.

the puffy kind, not crunchy!

^^^ Is CLP an effective cleaning agent against the orangey residue?

Thank God this isn't California.

Load em up, we're in Missouri.

Not much of a point to carry an empty gun. Better off carrying a brick.

Regular Member sohighlyunlikely's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenSTL View Post
    Not much of a point to carry an empty gun. Better off carrying a brick.
    I think the guy in the video and I would both disagree with that statement.

Nice video, I'm guessing that's a California resident?

open carry

just got off the phone with warren county sheriffs office open carry is valid over 21 yr. old and in plain sight can have a round chambered or not up to you.no bs thats the law

clp

Quote Originally Posted by kellogg2185 View Post
    Cleaner Lubrication Protectant draw your own conclusions lol

Quote Originally Posted by sohighlyunlikely View Post
    The problem with carrying a unloaded gun isn't that it's mechanically impossible to quickly load and subsequently fire the gun. The problem is that there is a great likelihood that it will be tactically impossible to quickly load and subsequently fire the gun for one reason or another. When you start looking at CQB scenarios, it becomes strikingly apparent that an unloaded handgun does not suffice as a good fighting tool. Scenarios where one hand is already occupied in shielding a loved one or being used to block an attack, or when one hand is being used to allow you to keep your balance, don't lend themselves well to carrying an empty gun. There are many other common situations that make an empty gun much less than ideal as well.

At the other end of the spectrum, deploying a already loaded gun will always be much faster than deploying an unloaded gun and making it ready. In a situation where 100ths of a second count...........................

Quote Originally Posted by cshoff View Post
    The problem with carrying a unloaded gun isn't that it's mechanically impossible to quickly load and subsequently fire the gun. The problem is that there is a great likelihood that it will be tactically impossible to quickly load and subsequently fire the gun for one reason or another. When you start looking at CQB scenarios, it becomes strikingly apparent that an unloaded handgun does not suffice as a good fighting tool. Scenarios where one hand is already occupied in shielding a loved one or being used to block an attack, or when one hand is being used to allow you to keep your balance, don't lend themselves well to carrying an empty gun. There are many other common situations that make an empty gun much less than ideal as well.

At the other end of the spectrum, deploying a already loaded gun will always be much faster than deploying an unloaded gun and making it ready. In a situation where 100ths of a second count...........................
    I would still take it over a brick. If it were to be my only option of legal carry I would be glad to have it.

I would still take it over a brick. If it were to be my only option of legal carry I would be glad to have it.
    Most definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by pbyram1983 View Post
    just got off the phone with warren county sheriffs office open carry is valid over 21 yr. old and in plain sight can have a round chambered or not up to you.no bs thats the law
    I bet you it's not the law. They probably have no law against open carry. Also, I would think they have no age restriction on open carry. Since their ordinances aren't easliy found online I gave up quickly. But I doubt they took the time to amend the states definition for open carry, where individuals can buy handguns at age 18. What I don't doubt is that the guy/gal you talked to thinks everyone has to be 21 to own or buy a handgun.

Quote Originally Posted by cash50 View Post
    I bet you it's not the law. They probably have no law against open carry. Also, I would think they have no age restriction on open carry. Since their ordinances aren't easliy found online I gave up quickly. But I doubt they took the time to amend the states definition for open carry, where individuals can buy handguns at age 18. What I don't doubt is that the guy/gal you talked to thinks everyone has to be 21 to own or buy a handgun.
    +1. Until that deputy or sheriff cites an actual statute, I wouldn't put much faith into whatever he/she told you. It's very unlikely that this person has any idea what restrictions there are or aren't on OC in his/her jurisdiction. In fact, I seriously doubt that Warren County has any ordinance regarding OC one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by kellogg2185 View Post
    Waiting patiently on this one.....

2.1 seconds. He'd already have lost the fight if someone were 21 feet or closer. His reaction time would have been 3 seconds or greater if he'd been responding to an actual threat rather than demonstrating.

These are exactly the kinds of drills we 2A folks should never be required to do! It saddens me to know that there are States and municipalities that force this into existence.

Thanks for posting it Doc, it's a good video to demonstrate that some things can be overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by REALteach4u View Post
    Waiting patiently on this one.....
    Yeah, not sure if it was caught... so...

***sarcasm***

Former Marine Infantry, know all about the many wonderful merits of CLP, from cleaning your M16, to drenching the SAWs, to using it as last resort cologne... (kidding on the last one, but if you find a girl that digs you smelling like CLP, she just might me alright...) I was just going along with the load it with cheesey poofs joke.

Last edited by kellogg2185; 01-19-2011 at 03:47 AM.

Does anyone know where to find a good website for city ordinances for smaller towns like Webb City? Been looking for a few days on its city code! Thanks

cheezy pooofs!

Quote Originally Posted by Cracker06 View Post
    Does anyone know where to find a good website for city ordinances for smaller towns like Webb City? Been looking for a few days on its city code! Thanks
    Webb City's codes are here

http://codes.sullivanpublications.com/codes-slp/

Doc

A. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons if he/she knowingly
    6. Openly carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use

Well that sucks! Might as well be in Cali!! So what is everyone definition of readily capable of lethal use magazine in or out?

Well that sucks! Might as well be in Cali!! So what is everyone definition of readily capable of lethal use magazine in or out?
    Yeah, it sucks, but it's what we will be dealing with until we get state preemption on OC laws.

Webb City's ordinances are also outdated and need revised. As it stands right now, Section 215.250, Subsection A, Subparagraph 5 of Webb City Code, is not exactly compliant with the provisions of RSMO 571.030.1.(5), and is therefore unenforceable (assuming that the codes they have listed on Sullivan Publications are up to date).

I'm going to start a new thread to explore the "readily capable of lethal use" issue.

MR Cracker-I suppose the Webb City's OC legal clause with CCW is of no help to you.

Doc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast