• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Still a little confused!

Cracker06

A. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons if he/she knowingly
6. Openly carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use

Well that sucks! Might as well be in Cali!! So what is everyone definition of readily capable of lethal use magazine in or out?

cshoff

Well that sucks! Might as well be in Cali!! So what is everyone definition of readily capable of lethal use magazine in or out?

Yeah, it sucks, but it's what we will be dealing with until we get state preemption on OC laws.

Webb City's ordinances are also outdated and need revised. As it stands right now, Section 215.250, Subsection A, Subparagraph 5 of Webb City Code, is not exactly compliant with the provisions of RSMO 571.030.1.(5), and is therefore unenforceable (assuming that the codes they have listed on Sullivan Publications are up to date).

sohighlyunlikely

I'm going to start a new thread to explore the "readily capable of lethal use" issue.

MR Cracker-I suppose the Webb City's OC legal clause with CCW is of no help to you.

Doc

Cracker06

I could get my cc I perfer oc'ing. When I was in Iraq some black guys threaten my wife and me she had her gun though. But that is why I like oc'ing better faster target acquisition since I like using a thigh holster. Get this they havent said crap since I been back. My conclusion is that they didnt know I was black.

cash50

Yeah, it sucks, but it's what we will be dealing with until we get state preemption on OC laws.

Webb City's ordinances are also outdated and need revised. As it stands right now, Section 215.250, Subsection A, Subparagraph 5 of Webb City Code, is not exactly compliant with the provisions of RSMO 571.030.1.(5), and is therefore unenforceable (assuming that the codes they have listed on Sullivan Publications are up to date).

I know what you're saying, since CCW is preempted throughout the state, but that doesn't make the whole code unenforcable does it?

StevenSTL

I think the guy in the video and I would both disagree with that statement.[video=youtube;DkbE70mXSGQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkbE70mXSGQ[/video]

I guess I didn't think about carrying the mag in your pocket. I was just making a joke about carrying an empty firearm.

Teddybear

I could get my cc I perfer oc'ing. When I was in Iraq some black guys threaten my wife and me she had her gun though. But that is why I like oc'ing better faster target acquisition since I like using a thigh holster. Get this they havent said crap since I been back. My conclusion is that they didnt know I was black.

You say " When I was in Iraq some black guys threaten my wife and me " Then your conclusion was " My conclusion is that they didnt know I was black " ????