Thread: Need a holster for a HK USP Compact .45 that will work with a light

Need a holster for a HK USP Compact .45 that will work with a light

I am looking for a holster that will work with my HK USP Compact .45 with a light on it. I am looking at the Surefire X400, but I have not been able to find any holsters that will work with a light.

I currently use a Blackhawk SERPA CQC, but that wil never work with a light haha....

Not sure, but you can always get night sights...thats what I did on my hk usp .40...I don't think I could miss a target firing that gun even if I tried......german engineering at its best.

You're almost certainly going to have to go custom. If you plan on carrying that setup regularly it'll be worth the little added expense. Then again, I'm not sure why you'd need to carry with a light attached regularly, unless you're a night owl.

In any case, I'd recommend Tucker Gun Leather.

well, i seldom leave work before it gets dark out. plus the light has the laser built into it- once I zero the laser I dont want to take it off if I dont have to. I also frequently take the dog for a walk after dark simply because that is the only time I have available to do it.

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
    Fobus makes belt and paddle style "tactical" thumb break holsters that accommodate a light/laser. They run about 50-something. I'm planning on getting one for my Glock 23. You will probably have to order it though - never seen it in stores.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    Carry on!

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
    (Double post)
    Carry on!

Raven Concealment Holsters might have what you are looking for.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Depending on how you want to carry it, if concealment is not the issue you could go with something like this. Tactical holster, on sale atm at the NRA store.

http://www.nrastore.com/nra/Product....tid=SA%2020008

Otherwise I agree with the other poster that would have to go with a customer holster. You could even make a customer Kydex holster yourself. There is a lot of how to videos and articles on the web to do this. Myself I prefer leather...

Now I'm either going with the Streamlight TRL-2s (blade tech makes a holster for a USP-C with it) or the new Veridian X5L and hoping they make one if their new SERPA style holsters for a USP-C

http://www.fobusholster.com/catalog/...ters-56-1.html

Heard nothing but good things about Fobus holsters...getting one of the thumb release ones myself when i get my new pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by VetteFreakC5 View Post
    well, i seldom leave work before it gets dark out. plus the light has the laser built into it- once I zero the laser I dont want to take it off if I dont have to. I also frequently take the dog for a walk after dark simply because that is the only time I have available to do it.
    This ^. I've exactly the same situation, when at home. Open carry around town, wouldnt be so inclined to bring the light attached,but if there was just a one holster for either use, then why not?..
    Though Im not terribly crazy about Kydex or poly holsters, I may end up having to go with one of the Forbus models for my 845..

As far as making Custom Kydex rigs, Knifekit.com has kits and materials for making Kydex holsters and the like. One option there, I guess.

Anyone know of any Leather holsters w/ light rail access-preferably low-ride or mid-ride?

Look at the Xlarge frame auto holsters

Quote Originally Posted by VetteFreakC5 View Post
    I am looking for a holster that will work with my HK USP Compact .45 with a light on it. I am looking at the Surefire X400, but I have not been able to find any holsters that will work with a light.

I currently use a Blackhawk SERPA CQC, but that wil never work with a light haha....
    Maybe one of these will work at

http://www.xfighterdefense.com/product/LASHOLSTXL

I have one for my Sig P229 with the X5L laser an excellent combo

Talk to Jim the owner and he will send you one to try and if it doesn't work return for refund no problem . Hope it works for you
    "There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."

- General George S. Patton, Jr.