• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need a holster for a HK USP Compact .45 that will work with a light

VetteFreakC5

I am looking for a holster that will work with my HK USP Compact .45 with a light on it. I am looking at the Surefire X400, but I have not been able to find any holsters that will work with a light.

I currently use a Blackhawk SERPA CQC, but that wil never work with a light haha....

usamarshal

Not sure, but you can always get night sights...thats what I did on my hk usp .40...I don't think I could miss a target firing that gun even if I tried...;)...german engineering at its best.

cbpeck

You're almost certainly going to have to go custom. If you plan on carrying that setup regularly it'll be worth the little added expense. Then again, I'm not sure why you'd need to carry with a light attached regularly, unless you're a night owl.

In any case, I'd recommend Tucker Gun Leather.

VetteFreakC5

well, i seldom leave work before it gets dark out. plus the light has the laser built into it- once I zero the laser I dont want to take it off if I dont have to. I also frequently take the dog for a walk after dark simply because that is the only time I have available to do it.

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Fobus makes belt and paddle style "tactical" thumb break holsters that accommodate a light/laser. They run about 50-something. I'm planning on getting one for my Glock 23. You will probably have to order it though - never seen it in stores.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

robin.kevin

Depending on how you want to carry it, if concealment is not the issue you could go with something like this. Tactical holster, on sale atm at the NRA store.

http://www.nrastore.com/nra/Product.aspx?productid=SA 20008

Otherwise I agree with the other poster that would have to go with a customer holster. You could even make a customer Kydex holster yourself. There is a lot of how to videos and articles on the web to do this. Myself I prefer leather...

VetteFreakC5

Now I'm either going with the Streamlight TRL-2s (blade tech makes a holster for a USP-C with it) or the new Veridian X5L and hoping they make one if their new SERPA style holsters for a USP-C

j4l

well, i seldom leave work before it gets dark out. plus the light has the laser built into it- once I zero the laser I dont want to take it off if I dont have to. I also frequently take the dog for a walk after dark simply because that is the only time I have available to do it.

This ^. I've exactly the same situation, when at home. Open carry around town, wouldnt be so inclined to bring the light attached,but if there was just a one holster for either use, then why not?..
Though Im not terribly crazy about Kydex or poly holsters, I may end up having to go with one of the Forbus models for my 845..

As far as making Custom Kydex rigs, Knifekit.com has kits and materials for making Kydex holsters and the like. One option there, I guess.

Anyone know of any Leather holsters w/ light rail access-preferably low-ride or mid-ride?

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
Look at the Xlarge frame auto holsters

I am looking for a holster that will work with my HK USP Compact .45 with a light on it. I am looking at the Surefire X400, but I have not been able to find any holsters that will work with a light.

I currently use a Blackhawk SERPA CQC, but that wil never work with a light haha....

Maybe one of these will work at

http://www.xfighterdefense.com/product/LASHOLSTXL

I have one for my Sig P229 with the X5L laser an excellent combo

Talk to Jim the owner and he will send you one to try and if it doesn't work return for refund no problem . Hope it works for you