• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fox News National Picks Up on OC Debate & Coming to Local Meetup Thursday

demnogis

f&cking ridiculous. It's a pain in the arsenal to have to park (I'll be riding), take my firearm out of my backpack, then strap up. So much easier to just leave it in the holster & ride. I may or may not just plot a path AWAY from whatever schools might be there. I haven't checked the maps. I really don't want to.

There are schools everywhere.

You can plot your course using our interactive map:
http://www.southbayopencarry.org/maps/

hgreen

f&cking ridiculous. It's a pain in the arsenal to have to park (I'll be riding), take my firearm out of my backpack, then strap up. So much easier to just leave it in the holster & ride. I may or may not just plot a path AWAY from whatever schools might be there. I haven't checked the maps. I really don't want to.

Welcome to urban CA.. LOL

A couple guys ride to our events. Just strap on in the restroom when you get here. There will be plenty of people armed to cover you while you holster up ;)

coolusername2007

I realize there is more than one way to do things, but when I was organizing monthly meetups, I tried to keep the news media away from our gatherings. I felt it important to simply present ourselves as normal everyday folks with similar interests just getting together. You know..."hey this is no big deal, people do this all over the country, why should CA be any different." I actually had reporters contact me asking to attend and I said "No thank you."

I say this only to caution those who would go simply because a news media outlet is going to be there. Open carry is not about getting your moment in the news, its about rights...the restoration of rights actually. So if your (speaking generally, not to anyone specifically) primary motivating factor is to get on the Factor then you'll just screw it up for everybody.

And I do agree with Harley, to NOT open carry because of AB144 (like AB1934 last year) is to already lose the fight. Carry on!

And for what its worth, the best reaction the news media could possibly capture is that of the business owner telling his/her story about how happy they are for having the open carriers there, how safe their restaruant is, and how much business open carriers can bring to other proprietors if they would only respect the rights of the people as they do.

hgreen

I have organized SBOC in a way that we have a public information officer and myself who are very capable of talking professionally and concisely to the press. SBOC participants know that if they have any question about what to say, to simply decline statement and redirect to myself or Peter.

Using this method, we have successfully educated thousands of Californians about their right to open carry through the media coverage we have received in the Los Angeles area. While not everyone may agree with what our message is, the fact is they know it is legal and don't call the police when we go out to events. That is a win.

ryanburbridge

On our way!

I looked up the location and see a church school. Any idea how close?!

Edit at 1755

After looking at their website it looks like only a church that holds youth groups.

Last edited:

Mike Hawk

Thanks to all involved for a great time! And man what a turnout! I think we must've had 50 or 60 people. Got a chance to hand out some copies of the Constitution & BoR to the Bradys. LOL Some of them actually tried to hand them back to me after seeing what they were. "Aaaaauugh! Kryptonite! Noooo!" Hahahaha!

Also thanks to Brooklyn Brick Oven Pizza for the delicious eats. :banana:

hgreen

How cool is this?

164876_179472048759795_122802434426757_400116_918395_n.jpg

Superlite27

After counting heads, I come to the conclusion that there's a substantial amount of money in that photo that wasn't spent at California Pizza Kitchen.

Maybe someone could mail CPK a copy with "We would like to thank CPK for its intolerance. It makes all these peaceful people feel all that much better about spending their money to support your competitor." written on it.

CenTex

I saw the Story on FOX News while I was at work yesterday. I was so glad to see the positive light that the OC group is putting out there. Myself and my coworkers hope to be joining you on a future OC event.

Welcome to the forum.