Thread: Man shot over fries. Now that's bad.

Man shot over fries. Now that's bad.

The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

So, Mayor Michael A. Nutter, how's that "gun control" thing working out for you?

I'd bet money that when they find the shooter, he is a felon, and therefore prohibited from even possessing a firearm anyway.

Eating fast food fries in a Mercedes? Probably a drug dealer...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Ahh Philly,

O' how I miss the city of brotherly love.

It's obvious that this situation occurred because two business men were having a heated discussion about trans fat in fried potato products.

The comments to the article are interesting.

I'm betting the fight wasn't over French fries. Maybe over the ketchup the guy was dropping on the console.

The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

WTH is wrong with people in Philly and their food?!? City of Brotherly Love?!? Sure, as long as you don't touch my food!!!
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

I bet there is alot more to it than just the fries. Its just that the fries make a nifty little header to help draw attention to the reporter's story.

Is it the fries that got the man shot or is it the fries, the missing crack from last week plus banging the other man's ex added with 3 punches to the face, a busted rearview mirror and a couple kicks to the stomach that finally brought the gun into the equation?

Regular Member American Traditional Citizens (ACT)'s Avatar

Unhappy

looks like we need more french fries control laws...
    Last edited by American Traditional Citizens (ACT); 01-18-2011 at 01:09 PM.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. - Ronald Reagan

Freedom Begins with You! Don’t Let Yours Slip Away.

Less fry regulation (control) and more fries

I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

There's a lot of food in Philly I can think of that I'd be seriously mad if someone took from me, but the fries isn't one of those items. I'd be much more upset over someone taking a Tony Luke's cheesesteak, DiNic's roast pork, or Cascia's pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Less fry regulation (control) and more fries
    Exactly the movie clip I was thinking of when I saw this and one I make reference to regularly. Well played!

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

And this surprises you?

People have killed each other over a chicken wing, slice of pizza, and monetary amounts of less than $5.00! it is commonplace.
    Even though I have not read the article, I do have a good guess as to the perpetrators ancestry already, but I will leave that to another forum.

Plus, for the next 3-4 months, any story involving any firearm is going to be all over the news since the ******-bucket went on a psychotic murdering rampage a few weeks back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutczak View Post
    Plus, for the next 3-4 months, any story involving any firearm is going to be all over the news since the [idiot] went on a psychotic murdering rampage a few weeks back.
    Said still-grinning idiot hasn't exactly helped our cause. Had the open-carrying individual been able to make it on site a few second's earlier, things might have been different, but given that there's so few of us... Perhaps if there'd been more of us, rather than less of us...
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Said still-grinning idiot hasn't exactly helped our cause. Had the open-carrying individual been able to make it on site a few second's earlier, things might have been different, but given that there's so few of us... Perhaps if there'd been more of us, rather than less of us...
    He was concealed-carrying.