• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man shot over fries. Now that's bad.

Dreamer

So, Mayor Michael A. Nutter, how's that "gun control" thing working out for you?

I'd bet money that when they find the shooter, he is a felon, and therefore prohibited from even possessing a firearm anyway.

Eating fast food fries in a Mercedes? Probably a drug dealer...

UglyGun

Ahh Philly,

O' how I miss the city of brotherly love.

It's obvious that this situation occurred because two business men were having a heated discussion about trans fat in fried potato products. :rolleyes:

The comments to the article are interesting.

nonameisgood

I'm betting the fight wasn't over French fries. Maybe over the ketchup the guy was dropping on the console.

MK

I bet there is alot more to it than just the fries. Its just that the fries make a nifty little header to help draw attention to the reporter's story.

Is it the fries that got the man shot or is it the fries, the missing crack from last week plus banging the other man's ex added with 3 punches to the face, a busted rearview mirror and a couple kicks to the stomach that finally brought the gun into the equation?

BillMCyrus

There's a lot of food in Philly I can think of that I'd be seriously mad if someone took from me, but the fries isn't one of those items. I'd be much more upset over someone taking a Tony Luke's cheesesteak, DiNic's roast pork, or Cascia's pizza.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
And this surprises you?

People have killed each other over a chicken wing, slice of pizza, and monetary amounts of less than $5.00! it is commonplace.
Even though I have not read the article, I do have a good guess as to the perpetrators ancestry already, but I will leave that to another forum.

Plus, for the next 3-4 months, any story involving any firearm is going to be all over the news since the douche-bucket went on a psychotic murdering rampage a few weeks back.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Plus, for the next 3-4 months, any story involving any firearm is going to be all over the news since the [idiot] went on a psychotic murdering rampage a few weeks back.

Said still-grinning idiot hasn't exactly helped our cause. Had the open-carrying individual been able to make it on site a few second's earlier, things might have been different, but given that there's so few of us... Perhaps if there'd been more of us, rather than less of us...

eye95

Said still-grinning idiot hasn't exactly helped our cause. Had the open-carrying individual been able to make it on site a few second's earlier, things might have been different, but given that there's so few of us... Perhaps if there'd been more of us, rather than less of us...

He was concealed-carrying.