• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Open Carry" Knife

CaptFrank

I am a biker here in Florida. I ride often and occasionally stop in a bar for a drink. I see many bikers in fact I would say all 1% bikers openly carry knives in bars. But me the legal holder of a Concealed Weapons Permit can not legally carry my gun into a bar, Concealed or otherwise.

I'll will admit alcohol & guns don't mix. But trying to be legal makes one of the few unarmed people in a bar.

This has to stop !!

since9

Campaign Veteran
I'd agree. Move to Colorado! Lol.

Many other states have similar allowances for carrying in a bar. One of my favorite hangouts, while legally a "bar," is more of a good food and pizza hangout for middle-aged yuppies than a traditional bar. Lots of great bands, too.

But yes, it'd be nice to see Fl relax that restriction.

It think part of that restriction is that bars used to be places where people just got drunk. No entertainment, no good food. That's almost invariably changed over the years, to the point where the seedy, naughohide furniture, low lighting, sticky floors, and smoke-filled bars you'd see in movies from the 60s are 70s are all but gone.