• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NEWS-PRESS - Editorial: Open carry takes gun rights too far

Nevada carrier

lets compare places where open carry is legal and concealed carry is shall issue. versus places where both open carry and concealed carry are completely prohibited. We can compare Chicago to Las Vegas. In Las Vegas, it was recently reported that crime was showing record declines. while every time we turn on the news or open a news paper, we're hearing about incredible numbers of homicides in the city of Chicago.

You can't prove that a crime is deterred, because it's impossible to report a crime that's not committed. To think that it is viable to track such data is completely retarded.

911: 911, what is your emergency?
Armed citizen: Yes, I would like to report a crime that didn't just happen.
911: I'm sorry sir, I don't understand, could you say that again?
Armed citizen: Yes, a man just came up to me and said he was going to mug me, but he told me that because I was armed, it wouldn't be worth getting shot, so he says he's going to wait for an unarmed victim to mug.
911: Sir, are you aware that it is illegal to make prank calls to 911?
Armed citizen: this isn't a prank, I think it's important for people to know when an armed citizen prevents a crime!
911: sir, unless you have an emergency to report, I have to ask you not to call 911.
Armed citizen: You mean you don't take reports of crime that doesn't happen?
911: no, sir, please only call 911 if you actually witness or are the victim of a crime or emergency.

The crazy thing isn't that some retarded editorial writer can write this and get it passed an editor, it's that even more retarded people read his dribble and believe the writer is a literary genius. If they honestly believed what they were writing, they would have put their name on it. Since the writer did not put their name on it, we have no idea who's opinion we're reading. For all we know, it's something the Brady people paid to have published as an editorial.

Last edited:

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
Matt Brannan and J.P. Mitchell were dining in the Wafflehouse on Barrett Parkway at I-575 in Kennesaw, GA at 4:45 in the morning recently when a scout for an armed robbery crew entered the restaurant to case it. At the time, Matt and J.P. thought he looked a little suspicious, as he was wandering around the small restaurant like he was looking for someone. Unknown to Matt and J.P., two cars full of armed robbers where parked behind the restaurant waiting for the scout's report.

The scout saw that two of the customers were wearing holstered 1911 Springfield Mil-Spec .45 pistols, and he immediately turned and left the store.

The would be robbers were caught

Meanwhile, conscientious Cobb County Police Officer D. Lowe had noticed suspicious cars sitting behind the restaurant in the dark and decided to investigate. He caught men with masks and rifles who had been preparing to rob the Wafflehouse. The criminals informed the police that they had changed their mind upon discovering armed customers and were waiting for Matt and J.P. to leave.

Ironically, the police car was pulling in to the parking lot just as Matt and J.P. were driving away. In other words, had Matt and J.P. not been armed, the robbery probably would have occurred before the police intervened.

turbodog

Last edited:

Red Dawg

While MOST of us do not O/C just for the intimidation factor, I know it is a FACT that some would be thugs, walk the other way when I am walking toward them. Like the days when the little old lady crossed the street to get away from them...
I have had "thugs" in their "tupac-ical" street attire walk away when we made eye contact and I smiled. Wonder how many of those are looking for an easy target. With the way the law is, there is an almost 99% chance that we, as open carriers, are better trained with our weapons, and are not on drugs, and have a HUGE chance of not missing our targets, as we don't shoot ghetto style...

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
The reporter say's "While it is true that open carry has not triggered violence where it is legal, there is no proof that it deters crime, only supposition."

Even if this were true, and we know it's not, why would it matter?

If it isn't a problem, as even those in opposition concede, that is all we should have to prove to support a Basic Human RIGHT!

'It's not a problem, but we still oppose your Basic Human Rights.' That is all the antis have to say,