• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New tool for our batman belt against Someone who doesnt know the laws

stuckinchico

http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort=general_catalog&cat=&style=CA125

It a video and audio recorder that is very small I have had issues with cops before erasing the recorders that plug in to usb .... this one seems to be more affective .... since it is marketed for police officers i think that it would be a perfect things to keep them honest too. I just put my order in today i will keep this updated on its performance.. if anyone knows how to post a pic here please make it happen for this device.....

Attachments

• CA125_330_1.jpg
    CA125_330_1.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 195

Fallschirjmäger

I've looked at that one before; it's made by Law Enforcement Associates and is rated pretty highly by users as far as I've heard. The price is right in line with everyone else's and you can even get a [url-http://www.zenithmotorsports.com/scorpion-waterproof.aspx]waterproof enclosure[/url] for one (no idea why you'd need one, but hey, it's there.)
CA125_500_1.jpg
99500WP.jpg

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

OOOoooooohhhh... I Like that. I've thought about doing the same thing myself.
I sometimes wonder if insurance companies would argue for something like that in return for lower insurance rates; it could certainly help to establish responsibility for accidents.

From the brochure, it's not really clear what the maximum sound recording abilities are when activated, but I'd guess it was substantial with that amount of memory. And, since it doesn't mention being battery powered, they'd have to take power from somewhere. It makes me wonder if it would be compatible with my Subaru's rearview mirror power that's currently powering the internal compass.

stuckinchico

OOOoooooohhhh... I Like that. I've thought about doing the same thing myself.
I sometimes wonder if insurance companies would argue for something like that in return for lower insurance rates; it could certainly help to establish responsibility for accidents.

From the brochure, it's not really clear what the maximum sound recording abilities are when activated, but I'd guess it was substantial with that amount of memory. And, since it doesn't mention being battery powered, they'd have to take power from somewhere. It makes me wonder if it would be compatible with my Subaru's rearview mirror power that's currently powering the internal compass.

Its hard wired into the battery.. THe local company comes out installs it... Trains you how to use it. completely and as for voice it records outside vehicle too just like a normal police camera in a cruiser they should have a product video.

Last edited:

stuckinchico

First test stoll with the scorpion

Went to the Easy Rider Bike Show in Knowville TN. I received my Scorpion the day before so i decided to give it a try. Sorry the audio is loud and the motion picture is long so i have to figure out how to load it up after making it smaller

MedicineMan

Here is the EXACT same thing...............

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?84715-Too-cheap-not-to-have-one

available from.............

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Mini-DV-Spo...H_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f02855c03&afsrc=1

At a cost of...........

Sold For: US $14.99 ( 283 sold )
Shipping: $3.00 Standard Shipping

Lemme say that EMS/Fire/LEO have found that GALLS is incredibly HIGH on their prices.
They get business by accepting PO's used on large orders by Departments paid for with taxpayer money.
You will find ANYTHING they offer at substantially lower prices if you shop around

If you look around feebay, you can find them for a good price.

eye95

I Really dont start recording until They start to approach me

That could be dangerous, reaching for something when an officer is stopping you because he thinks you are doing something illegal. I don't recommend that at all. I start recording when I leave the house, stop it when I get home, and, if nothing happened, delete the recording. A couple of AAA batteries lasts me several weeks, and there is no chance my memory will ever run out.

Badger Johnson

I use two recorders. A little chewing gum sized Sandisk MP3 player has a record mode, and the other is a 14 hr Olympus recorder, which is a bit larger.

The Sandisk will prob never get spotted (looks like a nano-iPod). We keep the Olympus in the car, running from the time we leave the house. Sandisk is on me.

It's pretty transparent, turn on and forget it.

FTG-05

I know you've probably been asked this a million times or so, but:

What do you guys carry that you can record the whole time you're out?

Thanks,