• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Maine CWP Training Interviewed in Wake of AZ Shooting

Maine CWP Training

Reported By: Jay Field

A group that fights handgun violence is calling for a toughening of Maine's firearms laws in the wake of the deadly shooting in Tucson. Maine Citizens Against Handgun Violence wants state lawmakers to outlaw the ammunition clip used in the attack. But gun rights supporters say mental illness was to blame for the shooting, not a particular firearm or ammunition clip.

AUDIO & TEXT FAIRLY ACCURATE

Last edited:

boyscout399

What kills me is that they seem to think banning the magazines will make them disappear...

They were illegal between 1994 and 2004. Columbine occurred in 1999 during the ban and two extended magazines were used in that shooting despite the ban.

Bans don't work.

WantsToCarry

My previous comment still stands..Anyone that has the mind to go out and do something like this again, as Boyscout was hinting to, isnt going to obey the law. Second, A person can carry a ungodly amount of ammo on them, in as many mags as possible, and with enough training, change a mag and be gased up in seconds. So banning a mag that holds more than 10 rounds is just stupid. Besides..the gun I want is a 13+1 mag STOCK. (With the 10+1 for Cali, ect )