• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Watch where you buy firearms from.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Last edited:

AaronS

At this time I have no stats to back this up with, but I find it hard to believe that Wal-Mart is the largest seller of firearms in the nation. Hey I could be way off, but I don't think so... Can't wait for the DNA scan when I go to get a pack of smokes... I guess we should be happy with the fact that we can carry in the stores...That site makes my eyes burn... Nothing but lie after lie. Made to install fear into us I guess.

The link to Cheaper Than Dirt is a great read. The truth hurts. Bumberg needs to go... To jail!

Last edited:

protias

I thought Cabelas was the largest seller of firearms? Regardless, registration does nothing more than prohibit the law abiding a means of defense.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Nothing New With This Walmart Policy....

The Wisconsin legislature should make data bases like this illegal. It's not needed with the Brady checks.

http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns.org/html/partnership/partnership.shtml

Does the conservative Walton family know that Joyce Foundation funded MAiG consists of phantom members and criminals? Who in the Walmart Corporation agreed to creation of a gun owner database?

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/forums/posts.aspx?postID=20227&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Walmart posted that they were going to videotape all firearm purchases quite a few years ago. This was when I still lived in Tampa, FL so it had to be at least 4 to 6 years ago.

I contacted Walmart when I lived there and informed them that if they did videotape all firearm purchases they would be fined up to $5 MILLION per occurrence in accordance with Florida state law. They never answered my letter. Florida law prohibits any kind of firearm registration. Every state should have a law like that AND have a Castle Doctrine Law like Florida's.

This is another reason to not shop at Walmart.

MKEgal

how many states...

...have laws which forbid the creation of a registry, either of gun owners, guns, or people with concealed carry permits?

And do they only forbid a unit of gov't from creating such a registry, or are they generally worded, so that WallyWorld would be committing a crime by going along with Big Brother?

For that matter, isn't there a national law forbidding a registry?

I treat WallyWorld like the TSA - avoid unless absolutely necessary, then treat with extreme caution & prejudice.

oak1971

Two Wal Mart's in my area and neither sell guns. They used to, but the liberals must have gotten to them.