• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good Luck residents of Camden, NJ, Oakland, CA

Placementvs.Calibur

I just heard today that due to budgetary pitfalls that these two tourist attractions have had to reduce their Police forces by up to 40 percent. For those who don't know the streets of these cities are paved in drugs, and violence. Now the law abiding citizens, who already aren't allowed to defend themselves in public, are to be subjected to gun weilding criminals who don't care what the gun laws are without the insulation of their accredited Police departments. Hell, right across the bridge from me (not 5 minutes away) in the wilds of PG County, MD the police spokesman reassured the public recently that if they're not engaged in illegal activities they should be OK. How reassuring, to know that they're on the case of a 1 murder per day average already this year. You want to know what's even more reassuring, that I as a law abiding citizen who's accepted the responsibility to carry in public daily doesn't have to rely on liberal buraeucrats or a Police Department that's been hyper-extended to promote more entitlement programs. When are these vulnerable people going to wake up and realize self reliance, and that the buraeucrats that represent them only worry about self preservation? All of us here understand that the first way to enslave a population is to disarm them, and the best way to make us (law abiding citizens) susceptable to criminal gun violence, police brutality, and tyrannical governments is to limit the capacity of magazines.
Sic Semper Tyrannis

MK

I really don't know if a large reduction in either of those city's police forces is going to have a net effect on the crime rates. The rates could possibly decrease. I am curious to see how it plays out.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I really don't know if a large reduction in either of those city's police forces is going to have a net effect on the crime rates. The rates could possibly decrease. I am curious to see how it plays out.

Quite likely crime will go down. Most of the violent crime in places like Oakland is a self-fulliling prophecy of the Prohibition of Some Drugs.

I wouldn't worry about there being fewer Oakland cops. Quite likely things will be much safer for the average citizen with fewer of the city's most dangerous criminal gang running loose to act with impunity.

Nevada carrier

it stands to reason that with fewer police officers, there will be fewer arrests, resulting in fewer prosecutions. Perhaps with fewer police officers, law enforcement can focus on crime that is worth prosecuting, instead of crimes that amount to nothing more than "eating a ham sandwich on a Sunday."

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Serves them right. One gets the government one wants and/or allows. The citizens have no one to blame but themselves for wanting and allowing the idiots whom they voted into office to strip them of their essential rights.

I should add as an afterthought, that this is indeed, a sorry state of affairs for the good people of those cities and states.

Last edited:

riverrat10k

Interesting thought that less law enforcement leads to less crime being reported, and ergo, a lower crime rate.

Hmmm, would statistical analysis factoring in dollars spent, number of officers, and myriad other possible "adjustments" change crime rate statistics significantly? Stats can be slippery.