Thread: Standard-Examiner (LTE) - Weapons permit means guns can be openly carried

Moderator / Administrator

Standard-Examiner (LTE) - Weapons permit means guns can be openly carried

Contributed Mike Stollenwerk, Monday, January 17, 2011 - 2:44pm

(UNEDITED) The Standard-Examiner Editorial Board get's it backward by writing that a Utah concealed firearms permit is "not an invitation to carry your gun in a holster or otherwise in plain sight to others." In fact, that's exactly what Utah law requires to carry loaded handguns openly on college campuses - a concealed firearms permit. What's the Standard-Examiner going to call for next? For gays on campus to stay in the closet?

Letters to the Editorial Board

Would you happen to know where we would write/call to politely correct this misinformation?

Thanks;
    Mike

One of my favorite replies to this argument: The state also gave me a license to drive, does that mean that I can no longer walk or ride my bike anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by cdrhoad View Post
    One of my favorite replies to this argument: The state also gave me a license to drive, does that mean that I can no longer walk or ride my bike anywhere?
    +1
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.