Thread: NC restaurant worker shoots 2 robbers, killing 1 - in Charlotte

Houston now, Asheville soon

NC restaurant worker shoots 2 robbers, killing 1 - in Charlotte

CHARLOTTE — Charlotte police say a restaurant employee shot two would-be robbers, killing one of them.

..........................--Moderator Edited--
    RESPECT COPYRIGHT HOLDERS: We often share news stories with one another. Please remember that these stories are copyrighted material and only post a fair-use excerpt along with a link where the rest of the story may be read.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" do *they* not understand?

Clayton, NC
    Crap, I have OC'ed numbers of times at numerous Subway Rest. and never really thought I could be mistook as a "would be" robber by an armed itchy trigger fingered employee. Funny though, all my interactions regarding OC happen at Subway Rest. It doesn't state this inthe article, but I suppose these guys didn't walk in hosltered and they were probably dressing the part of a robber.

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up as I don't get much Charlotte news east of Raleigh.
    Last edited by Northerner; 01-18-2011 at 03:01 PM.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    Thomas Jefferson

Cameron NC, , USA
    Good deal.

Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
    I heard on an evening news story that they caught the female getaway driver. A witness says he saw the clerk chasing them out of the store still shooting <-- big no-no legally.

Charlotte, North Carolina, , USA
    just caught this on the news I drive past that area a lot . There is a neighborhood in that are that was on the tv show GANGLAND. Place is called Hidden Valley. Anyway there is always something going on over there I'm glad to see someone stand up for themselves

Columbia, in the Peoples Republic of Murderland
    More coverage:

Most reports do say he was seen chasing the BGs down the street, shooting at them. BIG no-no.

But I gotta admit, I'd like to shake this Subway employee's hand, and buy him dinner...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 01-18-2011 at 09:32 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964