• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NC restaurant worker shoots 2 robbers, killing 1 - in Charlotte

billv

http://www.citizen-times.com/article/20110118/NEWS/110118012

CHARLOTTE — Charlotte police say a restaurant employee shot two would-be robbers, killing one of them.

..........................--Moderator Edited--
RESPECT COPYRIGHT HOLDERS: We often share news stories with one another. Please remember that these stories are copyrighted material and only post a fair-use excerpt along with a link where the rest of the story may be read.

Northerner

Crap, I have OC'ed numbers of times at numerous Subway Rest. and never really thought I could be mistook as a "would be" robber by an armed itchy trigger fingered employee. Funny though, all my interactions regarding OC happen at Subway Rest. It doesn't state this inthe article, but I suppose these guys didn't walk in hosltered and they were probably dressing the part of a robber.

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up as I don't get much Charlotte news east of Raleigh.

Last edited:

Jerry1981

just caught this on the news I drive past that area a lot . There is a neighborhood in that are that was on the tv show GANGLAND. Place is called Hidden Valley. Anyway there is always something going on over there I'm glad to see someone stand up for themselves

Dreamer

Last edited: