Thread: Just Curious

Just Curious

I support you AZ guys 100%. I OC 90% of the time here in NC. I hope this is not in poor taste, but I have a question more out of curiosity, has anyone OC'ed at the Tucson Safeway and general vicinity since the shooting? Is there still a strong anti 2a or LEO presence?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    Thomas Jefferson

So with 40-some odd views and no responses, it's either "in poor taste" or no one has OC'ed in the vicinity since.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    So with 40-some odd views and no responses, it's either "in poor taste" or no one has OC'ed in the vicinity since.
    Probably the latter.

It's not like this forum is hopping with activity. My guess is that those 40 viewers are probably every person in AZ that's subscirbed to this forum. Based on the % of population that means about 6 are in Tucson and the odds of any of these dropping by the Safeway where the shooting was are pretty slim. I live about 15 miles away and I don't remember ever going to that particular shopping center, so that leaves 5 other potential Tucson members of this forum

Fred

That particular Safeway has been closed for a week due to the investigation. It's out of my shopping area... but the law is what it is... unless it's posted it's no problem. The world doesn't end here 'cause of one incident.

I live about six minutes away, but I would pass about 10 grocery stores just to get out to that one. I used to stop by there fairly regularly but my travels don't take me near there anymore.

And the rest of us are all in the Phoenix area.

Makes sense. Thanks.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by mzbk2l View Post
    We are?

Don't be talking for me!!
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance.

It would be a very long drive for me.