• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

examiner.com - Va. Gov. Bob Mcdonnell moves to enforce universal right to open carry

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I open carry at the Library of Virginia every single week - and have for 5 years (I work less than one block away). I've seen others open carry there several times. We've been through this before, I'm surprised Grapeshot would repeat this rumor. All that little sign says is that ILLEGAL firearms are prohibited (as they are everywhere).

It is not a rumor that state agencies are not covered under preemption nor is it a rumor that the sign misleads the ill informed. There is nothing requiring consistency from one state agency to the next ..... it is rumored.

Please define an illegal firearm in this context.

The sign IMO shows a distinct anti-bias, not something in which a state agency should be involved.

Last edited:

ocholsteroc

Front page story in the Richmond Times Disgrace today about OC in state parks.

Comments are so retarded..... "Very good decision. Now on the weekends, when a bunch of yahoos decide to spend the weekend at the park, get drunk and start shooting into the woods, where innocent families are enjoying theirselves. Very sound decision!! I wonder if Kookinelli will try to fight this one!"

Criminals do not follow the laws, these people do not know anything.:banghead:

Can you have a picnic in the state park? we should go for a lunch one saturday in March. Doesn't this apply after 45 days?

"Gun-control advocates were dismayed by the change.

"Allowing open carry in state parks could be extremely detrimental to tourism," said Lori Haas of Virginians for Responsible Gun Laws. Haas' daughter was wounded in the 2007 massacre at Virginia Tech.

"How would a family with young children feel if in the campsite next to theirs is an AR-15, an automatic weapon, an assault rifle? This action allows anyone to open carry in state parks. Concealed carry is more than sufficient"

An automatic weapon? complete idiot.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Lori Haas.

Does anybody care what she thinks or says anymore?

She has said the same thing since she first came on the scene. Her organizations are fading into the sunset, broke and exposed for what they are - harbingers of false doom.

KaosDad

To the Haas' and Goddards of the world......

That Brady Bill you so love, how'd that work out for you? I can tell you one guy it didn't work out well for...Matthew LaPort. Virginia Tech Cadet and AFROTC Cadet. Trained to arms. Not allowed to carry. Now rests in the hallowed grounds of the Blacksburg cemetary honored witht he White Cords of his fellow band members.

The Brady Bunch; Creating victims for over 20 years.

ocholsteroc

That Brady Bill you so love, how'd that work out for you? I can tell you one guy it didn't work out well for...Matthew LaPort. Virginia Tech Cadet and AFROTC Cadet. Trained to arms. Not allowed to carry. Now rests in the hallowed grounds of the Blacksburg cemetary honored witht he White Cords of his fellow band members.

The Brady Bunch; Creating victims for over 20 years.

Brady should go to UK, and camp for banning blunt knifes, I heard knife stabbings where so bad, now they make em blunt. ( is this true? I seen a photo of them before)

Last edited: