Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: U.S. Security Clearances

U.S. Security Clearances

I might have flown members who don't exist of your organization which doesn't exist to destinations which don't exist.

Can I "tell all?" Heck no! Ask me again in 50 years, as per the contract we all signed.

At that time, I may or may not, of my own volition, decide to tell you or tell you not what you or may not want to know at the time.

Until then, I'll do my very best to remain within any and all guidance and restrictians of which I'm aware...
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Thumbs up

Amen!

Banned
    One who truly honors the confidences bestowed upon him as a result of the level of trust his clearance grants him does not announce, "I know something you don't know."

I could tell ya... but then I'd have to kill ya. How bad ya want'a know?

Not that bad!
    "My dedication to my country's flag rests on my ardent belief in this noblest of causes, equality for all. If my future rests under this earth rather than upon it, I fear not."

-Leopold Karpeles, US Civil War Medal of Honor Recipient

Our contract read 75 years. How'd you get off with only 50?

I just can't talk about it. Period.
    frankd
    "Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six."

Centurion
    "These are not the Droids you're looking for" as a hand moves gently side to side in front of your eyes!

The CIA assets who flew cocaine by the ton into Mena AR in th eearly 1990's all had clearances.

The Halliburton/KBR and Dyncorp contractors who flew kidnapped children from the Balkans to other parts of Europe for use as sex slaves by UN officials and corporate execs had clearances.

It was a security-clearance-holding FBI agent who built the bomb for Emad Salem (and FBI informant inserted into the Ramzi Yousef organization), a fact which came out in the federal investigations.

NYC FBI agents and the NYC DA (who had security clearances) helped
    New York City Colombo Mafiosi, Gregory Scarpa, Jr, commit and cover up multiple Mob-related murders in the early 2000's...

"The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society."
    --John F. Kennedy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpmi7dBet0c
    Last edited by Dreamer; 01-20-2011 at 12:50 AM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

I was trained at KCI for a screener posistion a few years back and I don't even think I am supposed to say anything about THAT training from Lockheed Martin.

I would love to get into the CIA after I get through college though as a research scientist...probably some highly interesting work =P

I held a secret level, but so did most of the USAF lol. Heck, even a TS clearance was easy to get once you had your secret... you just had to have a job which required it. Once you held a clearance, it doesn't take much to renew or upgrade it if you wanted to work in the civi sector too

Btw, aliens are real right?

McX
    Last edited by McX; 02-16-2011 at 11:50 AM.

well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    I might have flown members who don't exist of your organization which doesn't exist to destinations which don't exist.

Can I "tell all?" Heck no! Ask me again in 50 years, as per the contract we all signed.

At that time, I may or may not, of my own volition, decide to tell you or tell you not what you or may not want to know at the time.

Until then, I'll do my very best to remain within any and all guidance and restrictians of which I'm aware...
    whats the point of this thread/ post?
    are you having a brain fart?
    everybodys got a secret,
    and everybody knows that!
    should we all start treating you special?

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    One who truly honors the confidences bestowed upon him as a result of the level of trust his clearance grants him does not announce, "I know something you don't know."
    im in complete agreement with eye95!
    once, i asked eye95 to just shut up!
    now im imploring you, to just shut up!!!!
    is this thread aimed at demonstrating that you went on to do X+, because you studied Chaucer??
    Last edited by 1245A Defender; 01-27-2011 at 08:30 AM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

I have no knowledge of any such operation. Nor would I be at liberty to discuss said operation if it existed.

NSA

No Such Agency
    This site has been hijacked by leftists who attack opposition to further their own ends. Those who have never served this country and attack those who do are no longer worthy of my time or attention.

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    whats the point of this thread/ post?
    are you having a brain fart?
    everybodys got a secret,
    and everybody knows that!
    should we all start treating you special?
    Oh, heck no! I'm a regular joe. It's interesting to read the various comments.
    Last edited by since9; 01-29-2011 at 06:12 AM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by AFPVet View Post
    I held a secret level, but so did most of the USAF lol. Heck, even a TS clearance was easy to get once you had your secret... you just had to have a job which required it. Once you held a clearance, it doesn't take much to renew or upgrade it if you wanted to work in the civi sector too
    Yeah, 'secret' seemed much universal in the USAF. In my career field (402X0), you had to have a 'secret' clearance to take any training beyond basic electronics, so everyone I worked with was 'secret' or 'top secret' cleared.

I'm amazed at how well the security training stuck - I still won't talk about stuff that was probably declassified 35 years ago.
    No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: The officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets. -- Edward Abbey

• • • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Faciémus!• • •

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    Yeah, 'secret' seemed much universal in the USAF. In my career field (402X0), you had to have a 'secret' clearance to take any training beyond basic electronics, so everyone I worked with was 'secret' or 'top secret' cleared.

I'm amazed at how well the security training stuck - I still won't talk about stuff that was probably declassified 35 years ago.
    It probably would surprise some how many here hold or have held a clearance and at what levels. They just don't talk about it. But, that's kinda the point!

They won't tell me secrets. They know I'll tell everyone else, then they won't have any.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Keeping secrets, yeah sure, try keeping secrets from the guy you work with. The guy who signs off your work knows what you did, but doesn't know why you did it. You can't explain. Because he wasn't briefed. "Just do it, don't ask, just do." As I'm pulling my hair out of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    It probably would surprise some how many here hold or have held a clearance and at what levels. They just don't talk about it. But, that's kinda the point!
    That's exactly the point.

I was taught a very simple phrase, from .. well... I was taught a very simple phrase.

"those that know, don't say. Those that say, don't know"

Keep that in mind

Just because you have one level of clearance, doesn't mean you get access to everything that requires the level of clearance you have. You still must have a "need to know."

Please correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the "Whistle Blower Protection Act" protect people bound by confidentiality agreements when they are disclosing classified activity that is also unlawful activity? If your commander gives you an op-order brief and begins by announcing that "what he is about to tell you is classified top secret," then goes on to tell you that you are to break up into teams and begin going house to house confiscating weapons from lawfully armed civilians in the united states, I doubt you can be disciplined for blowing the whistle as the orders you were given were not lawful orders.
    Last edited by Nevada carrier; 02-05-2011 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    [SIZE=2]"The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society."
    --John F. Kennedy
    Our government has no business keeping secrets.

For the answer to all secrets, go to "Area 51". Just wait by the gate and someone will be along to tell you everything you need to know.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast