Thread: Proposed hi-cap magazine ban is feel-good foolishness

Proposed hi-cap magazine ban is feel-good foolishness

LAS VEGAS — Yesterday’s introduction of federal legislation to limit the capacity of ammunition magazines may have an impact on gun makes like the folks at Washington-based Olympic Arms — provided it passes, which industry odds-makers here at the Shooting, Hunting and Outdoor Trade Show don’t believe has a prayer — but it likely would not prevent a determined nutball from carrying out mayhem, as detailed in yesterday's Seattle Times.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...-good-exercise

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/4oadcyw

Where's the "Constitutional Justification" that all bills are supposed to have attached according to new house rules? Will be interesting to see if our new Speaker of the House stands by his principles.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Where's the "Constitutional Justification" that all bills are supposed to have attached according to new house rules? Will be interesting to see if our new Speaker of the House stands by his principles.
    I don't think this has a chance to pass the house, even if it gets enough sponsors, which is unlikely.

My reps will be hearing from me soon as I see a bill #

Proposed hi-cap standard capacity magazine ban is feel-good foolishness

There. Fixed that for ya.
    IAALBIAAFTDPASNIPHCBCALA
    Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out. (John Corapi, The Black Sheep Dog)
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

For those that like to communicate with government leaders, John Boehner has a website for those outside his district where you can send him an e-mail. I sent my "message" yesterday pointing out the new House Rules he instigated requiring all bills have a statement showing their Constitutional authority. If HE follows his own rules, this nimrod representative needs to present this "justification" before the bill can be considered. Would be nice to see lots more remind him as well.

The problem with Politicians making promises in order to get elected is that they think the majority of us out here forget them after the election. Let's show him that we all aren't going to forget this "rule".

FWIW, if this rule had been in place over the last 50 years, how many Anti-Gun/2A laws would have made it through the "House"?
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"