• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd Amendment Rally April 30, 2011

DEROS72

UPDATED RALLY INFORMATION

NEWS RELEASE
______________________________________________________________________________________

Jim (DEROS72) Beal
Washington State Coordinator
burtb71@yahoo.com
Second Amendment March

Washington State assistant Coordinator
Bill (m1gunr) Starks
m1gunr@gmail.com

Washington State assistant Coordinator
Larry (Squeak) Major
major3277@yahoo.com

SECOND AMENDMENT RALLY
Washington State
PRESS RELEASE
For Immediate Release: January 19, 2011

2nd ANNUAL
WASHINGTON STATE
SECOND AMENDMENT RALLY

Second Amendment Rally Olympia WA 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7talGVuep0

UPDATE: Washington State Second Amendment Rally

The 2nd Annual Washington State Second Amendment Rally will be held on Saturday, April 30 2011, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Tivoli Fountain Park, on the grounds of the State Capitol in Olympia, Washington.

This year’s Washington State Second Amendment Rally is being organized by several Second Amendment Advocates and Advocacy Groups. All who stand with us in supporting and prot…ecting our Second Amendment Rights are invited. This is a family oriented event and all ages are welcome!

Come and learn more about Washington State Gun Rights Legislative issues as well as Nationwide Gun Rights efforts and legislation.

If you have questions about this event, or to set up a press interview, Please contact Jim Beal at burtb71@yahoo.com

Prominent Speakers to include:

Senator Pam Roach – 31st District
Clint Didier – Former NFL Player and Candidate, Washington State 2010 Elections
Elisa Delaurenti – Montana Second Amendment Activist
Jay Devereaux – Unite In Action
Lizanne Padula – Padula & Associates Law Firm
Gray Peterson – Second Amendment Activist
Tim Ravndal – Montana Second Amendment Activist
Special Presentation by “Samuel Adams”

MC – Elisa Delaurenti

** More speakers TBA

Live Music Performed By Singer, Songwriter Garret Lloyd King

* Flag Ceremony and Color Guard performed by US Naval Sea Cadet Corps.

* National Anthem performed by Kerry Hooks

* Washington Gun Stores and Sporting Goods Stores have provided free prizes and handouts.

* Free gifts include 2nd amendment T-shirts (while they last!)

* Area law firms in addition to other Second Amendment advocacy groups will be on-hand to answer your questions

* Free sodas, coffee and bottled water

* Petition signing

* Balloons and patriotic coloring books for the kids

PLEASE JOIN US FOR THIS MOST INFORMATIVE AND ENTERTAINING EVENT!

http://2awashingtonstate.wordpress.com/

Last edited:

SpyderTattoo

I missed last year's rally because I was working at the gunshow. Good news is, this year the rally doesn't fall on a gunshow weekend. Bad news is, April 30 is my wife's birthday...

DEROS72

Blog site

Elisa,in photo above for those that have never met her.She has been instrumental in organizing tea party rallies and her experience was absolutely essential in last years rally.She was also a principle speaker.Besides that she fixed up a kick a$$ pot roast after rally dinner at my place.She has been kind enough to build us a blog site for the event.This will also be going everywhere.

http://2awashingtonstate.wordpress.com/

Last edited:

Squeak

I missed last year's rally because I was working at the gunshow. Good news is, this year the rally doesn't fall on a gunshow weekend. Bad news is, April 30 is my wife's birthday...
What a great BD present! You da man! I just can't believe how thoughtful Spydee is!:banana:

T

TWG2A

2nd Annual Washington State Second Amendment Rally

Awwwww. I must say that I spent the past 2 hours watching the video from last year's event with such very fond memories about how we were all able to put that together in one week's notice. The thing that sticks out most in my mind is how the OCDO Community pulled together under such short notice and made it a great success!

People from OCDO brought their canopies, tables, donations, information and, most of all, their knowledge and willingness to pull together at the last minute on a rainy and cold day to make this happen.

Just think! We've done it once under great pressure and tight deadlines, and this time we've got over three months to make it as perfect as it deserves.

I'll be coming home from Montana for this event, and I plan to present some of the legislative efforts we're doing here in Montana, as well as across the Nation with regard to the Firearms Freedom Act and Tenth Amendment. I'll be working with several contacts in order to secure their commitment to speak or contribute to this event.

I miss my home state, but most of all I miss my Friends there. And as a side note, I must say that while I'm living in a beautiful place, the rocky mountains hold NO candle to the cascade mountains...... and there's no place like home!

I look forward to seeing you all at the Rally!

I set up a blog for this event. You can find it at http://www.2awashingtonstate.wordpress.com

Elisa

Deleted_User

I've already been given the day off! We will be there, Myself, the wife, and both kids. Of course only 2 of us will be carrying, but we're definately there. I've also invited my dad too! I'm REALLY looking forward to this event!

amzbrady

Hopefully everyone can get a few more shots open carry with LEO around. There were a few from last year and it shows for a great example of how they can go about every day business with so many legally armed citizen.
I still think one of the most impressive pictures is the one of Jim and GoGo standing open carry with Rob McKenna between them in Seattle. I really wanted to attend, I'm just glad a few others were able to make it.

07Altima

Shoot I will do what I can to be there :)

I would love to be there, if I go I will bring my wife, and kids :)

Bill Starks

State Researcher

Bill Starks

State Researcher
FYI - From http://secondamendmentmarch.com/

2010 a Success -- No March Planned for 2011

Submitted by terri_stocke on Mon, 01/10/2011 - 13:29 Just a quick update to let our supporters know that we have decided NOT to organize an event for 2011. We are, however, staying active in 2nd Amendment activities, and will keep you updated on any future events we may plan.
Thank you for your support!

Washington State IS going forth and having a rally in 2011 no matter what the National Charter says.

Last edited:

DEROS72

We are in no way affiliated with Terri stocke and the national "march"charter.We are doing this for Washington state.They gave us no support whatsoever last year.Open Carry Washington along with Elise Delaurenti coordinated the event last year and will be doing so again this year.
They had totally dropped the ball on this when I and Open Carry Washington were asked to get involved.We put this together in about 7 or 8 days with no help from that organization. Complete with speakers,donated sound sysytem,printing,hundreds of sodas and water free for participants,everything. See videos and photos in above posts.These Washington Open Carry folks efforts were nothing but stellar in making it happen and we'll do it again.

Last edited:
T

TWG2A

Terry Stocke

This rally, along with last years rally HAD NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH ANY NATIONAL ORGANIZATION, INCLUDING THE SO-CALLED "SECOND AMENDMENT MARCH" AND SKIP CORYEL.

I could write a book about how those people screwed us over, but I'll try to be brief here.

They advertised efforts to sponsor a second amendment rally and I contacted them for MONTHS, trying to get things organized at the local level. I volunteered to be the Washington State Coordinator, which was a significant commitment for me because I already had several very important projects on my to-do list. I sent several emails to them, asking them if they had the permit and about other logistical issues, all the while working very hard to plaster their flyers and broschures in every nook and crevice I could find. My emails to them were answered with a simple "RAISE FUNDS", nothing else. Never any answers to my questions. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and continued to raise funds and spread the word about the event.

As we got closer to the date for the event, I wrote several emails asking about logistics. Most of them were ignored completely, and the few emails they responded to were nothing more than cheerleading and fund-raising coaching. I can't recall exactly when I dropped out, but I believe it was around February '10. I was quite obvious that this thing was going to fail because the people "promoting" it were east coasters with no intention of getting involved at the local, Washington state level. I could see that they were only interested in the money we would raise.

Fast forward a few months...... At a Tax Day TEA Party event I met Deros. He was introduced to me by a Friend who suggested to him that he ask for my help organizing the Second Amendment rally. Deros explained to me what he was trying to accomplish, with ONE WEEK TO DO IT. Never being one to turn down a challenge, I reluctantly agreed to help. I'd had such a terrible exprience with Skip Coryel and the others that I just didn't want anything to do with it. I don't associate with liars and thieves and I LOATHE opportunists trying to take advantage of people. Deros, being the nice person that he is, was able to talk me into it.

We got busy and put everything together, all the while asking the people at the so-called "Second Amendment March" for the donated funds in Washington to help us with costs. We were basically told to go pound sand, that the funds donated from the State of Washington were used for the East Coast rally and that we were not entitled to one penny for our event.

Terri Stocke and his deceitful clan over at the "Second Amendment March" had NOTHING to do with last year's event, they have NOTHING to do with this years event, and as far as I'm concerned they can go rot somewhere. WHY IS HE CHIMING IN AT ALL ON THIS EVENT? Those lying thieves need to keep their noses out of our business.