• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd Amendment Rally April 30, 2011

Bill Starks

State Researcher
When Jim first asked me to come on board with the Rally, I had no info on the National Charter (other than a small bit of second hand info). I went and signed up at the main site so I could get info and to add pics and video links of 2010 as well promote our 2011 event. I quoted Terri from a post on their main site. Other than getting a reply from Skip when I asked questions on their main page, I have received nothing from them.

In an email from Skip....
Dave Workman was there? I had no idea. Guess I was pretty busy back then. Feel free to organize another one this year. We'll help you with promotion and with some financing.
God bless.

Skip

Last edited:

DEROS72

"I still think one of the most impressive pictures is the one of Jim and GoGo standing open carry with Rob McKenna between them in Seattle. I really wanted to attend, I'm just glad a few others were able to make it. "

He is a great guy and was very supportive.I have in fact already sent an invitation to his office to speak at our event.

DEROS72

This rally, along with last years rally HAD NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH ANY NATIONAL ORGANIZATION, INCLUDING THE SO-CALLED "SECOND AMENDMENT MARCH" AND SKIP CORYEL.

I could write a book about how those people screwed us over, but I'll try to be brief here.

They advertised efforts to sponsor a second amendment rally and I contacted them for MONTHS, trying to get things organized at the local level. I volunteered to be the Washington State Coordinator, which was a significant commitment for me because I already had several very important projects on my to-do list. I sent several emails to them, asking them if they had the permit and about other logistical issues, all the while working very hard to plaster their flyers and broschures in every nook and crevice I could find. My emails to them were answered with a simple "RAISE FUNDS", nothing else. Never any answers to my questions. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and continued to raise funds and spread the word about the event.

As we got closer to the date for the event, I wrote several emails asking about logistics. Most of them were ignored completely, and the few emails they responded to were nothing more than cheerleading and fund-raising coaching. I can't recall exactly when I dropped out, but I believe it was around February '10. I was quite obvious that this thing was going to fail because the people "promoting" it were east coasters with no intention of getting involved at the local, Washington state level. I could see that they were only interested in the money we would raise.

Fast forward a few months...... At a Tax Day TEA Party event I met Deros. He was introduced to me by a Friend who suggested to him that he ask for my help organizing the Second Amendment rally. Deros explained to me what he was trying to accomplish, with ONE WEEK TO DO IT. Never being one to turn down a challenge, I reluctantly agreed to help. I'd had such a terrible exprience with Skip Coryel and the others that I just didn't want anything to do with it. I don't associate with liars and thieves and I LOATHE opportunists trying to take advantage of people. Deros, being the nice person that he is, was able to talk me into it.

We got busy and put everything together, all the while asking the people at the so-called "Second Amendment March" for the donated funds in Washington to help us with costs. We were basically told to go pound sand, that the funds donated from the State of Washington were used for the East Coast rally and that we were not entitled to one penny for our event.

Terri Stocke and his deceitful clan over at the "Second Amendment March" had NOTHING to do with last year's event, they have NOTHING to do with this years event, and as far as I'm concerned they can go rot somewhere. WHY IS HE CHIMING IN AT ALL ON THIS EVENT? Those lying thieves need to keep their noses out of our business.
\

That about says it all Elise! I did several radio spots promoting this event last year and afterwards I heard skip in an interview insinuating he was involved some how.That really refried my beans! Anyway enough said.

Last edited:
T

TWG2A

2A Rally

Who asked them for their opinion on this? Nevermind. I don't want to know and it doesn't matter. THEY NEED TO KEEP THEIR NOSES OUT OF OUR BUSINESS OR I WILL PUT THEM BACK ON MY "TO-DO" LIST. The onyl reason I didn't pursue any of this crap last year was because I was too busy. I'm still too busy, but I will not hesitate to make them my priority if they continue to stick their noses into this.

DEROS72

Can we get this Thread stickied for a while on the Washington forum?

Last edited:

Johnsmith1521

Newbie here...

What's up guys, new guy to the forum and new to open carry... I've always carried concealed because the one time I did open carry, I was harassed by about 4 federal way officers, but that's a story for another time...

I would really like to get more involved and be a part of every aspect of the second amendment... I guess you can say I finally woke up and didn't like what I see... Just let me know if any volunteers are needed I will do my best to help... I work a normal 9-5 job and have weekends off... I look forward to meeting everyone this year!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
"I still think one of the most impressive pictures is the one of Jim and GoGo standing open carry with Rob McKenna between them in Seattle. I really wanted to attend, I'm just glad a few others were able to make it. "

He is a great guy and was very supportive.I have in fact already sent an invitation to his office to speak at our event.

The reason this photo exists of Deros, ATG and gogo is because we get off our buts and go places and do things. I hope many of you will follow Deros and M1gunr lead on this and help.

Many a times I have had to drag Deros out of his apartment to go to a rally and we end up having a great time! That is how we met McKenna! Trust me, both Deros and I are dead tired and we don't often get to plan these things weeks in advance, but Deros is ready and willing.

Last edited:

DEROS72

Always GoGo.We have great time.I wasn't feeling that well that day as that was 2 days after our Willow Lake.But it is always worth it .We have a good time going to these things. And meet some pretty interesting people.

.45ACPaddy

Count me in, guys! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help! I'll be printing fliers.

If we get a table at the gun show next month I'll man it and hand out fliers for the 2A rally along with our own OC literature.

DEROS72

2A Blog site.

Thanks paddy it was good to see you at the gun show as well and Jeff again.Kick a$$ FAL by the way.

I'm trying to steer everyone to this blog for info and updates on the rally.Especially those on other boards. Because it is a second amendment event for any and all gun owners.Not strictly an open carry event. We are simply putting it together.By the way Dave Workman did say he will speak there again this year and we are working on some others I don't want to put out untill I know for sure.

Here is the blog site and I have added a couple things.Reminding folks of last years event and so on.http://www.2awashingtonstate.wordpress.com

DEROS72

Gonna miss her are'nt ya

I'm pretty sure Spydey will be there ,we had a chat at the gun show.:D

m1gunr, Squeak and I have been workin this thing and we think we are on the way to a huge and really awesom rally.In light of a phone conversation I had to day it could be pretty exciting.I won't spill the beans untill I have 100% confirmation.But this could be way cool if if it comes together.

Squeak

I'm pretty sure Spydey will be there ,we had a chat at the gun show.:D

m1gunr, Squeak and I have been workin this thing and we think we are on the way to a huge and really awesom rally.In light of a phone conversation I had to day it could be pretty exciting.I won't spill the beans untill I have 100% confirmation.But this could be way cool if if it comes together.
I'll spill the beans! Um, uh, what's his name....... is gonna be there! Buy me coffee and I won't tell!:lol:

Deleted_User

We will need security at this event Squeak!Thanks for voluntarily volunteering for the volunteer position ... voluntarily ... or something!

DEROS72

We will need security at this event Squeak!Thanks for voluntarily volunteering for the volunteer position ... voluntarily ... or something!

We have obtained new hi vis security uniforms for Squek and Spydertatoo...They should look pretty impressive in this

Sparky508

Are y'all gonna throw up a list of needs desires hopes and dreams, so we might volunteer our services or bring that thing that we need to borrow etc?

Kind of nice to be able to get these things situated well ahead of time vs the 20 minute lead time from last year, even though ot went down pretty nice in the end.