Thread: Two OC seminar in Grand Rapids area 1/22/11 at two Gander Mt. stores.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Two OC seminar in Grand Rapids area 1/22/11 at two Gander Mt. stores.

Two Free Open Carry Seminars. Seminars are a great starting place to learn about OC in Michigan. The seminar is conducted by John Roshek, President of the Citizens League for Self Defense http://www.citizensleaguesd.com/

This is a great chance to OC with others and to ask questions about OC. John has done several other seminars at various Gander Mountain stores throughout the state.

Gander Mountain - Grandville, MI 1/22/11 11-1pm
    Gander Mountain - Grand Rapids, MI 1/22/11 3-5pm
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

I'll try to go to one or the other. I just emailed a friend to see if he would like to also go.
    "Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured...
    but no one must prove they are a citizen! Ben Stein

Regular Member quarter horseman's Avatar
    Every time one of these come up I'm busy, working in the morning and my sons baseball in the afternoon. Would loved to have made it. Carry on!

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
    Bearhawk, I look forward to meeting you Saturday! Thanks for taking the time to come out.

quarterhorseman, no worries CLSD is constantly adding new events. Just check the events page from time to time for more events. We will be back in there area soon.

Generaldet,
    I just saw this... I will try to be there to help out.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

[QUOTE=Generaldet;1449042]Bearhawk, I look forward to meeting you Saturday! Thanks for taking the time to come out.

Hi John,
    I look forward to meeting you too. I called up Gander for the morning session and made a reservation.
    "Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured...

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    Generaldet,
    I just saw this... I will try to be there to help out.
    I'll have to see if my wife will let me out of the house.
    Someone who can't be trusted to walk free in public with a firearm shouldn't be walking around free.

Thanks DR. Todd sounds great. It'll be good to finally get the chance to meet you, hope you can make it. You as well MarineSgt. Hope you can make it.

Just an fyi for anyone in the area we recently added a seminar at the Coldwater Gander Mtn store on Feb, 26th from 12-2pm.

Wife & I will be there for the one at the east store. Looking forward to it!

I'm at the hospital (OC of course) visiting my girlfriend's dad so I couldn't make the second class, but I went to the OC seminar in Grandville... the weather outside was nasty (Snow) but still had a pretty good turnout. John (& his wife) did an EXCELLENT job conducting the seminar; the "students" asked some very well-informed questions. A few OCDOers were there... great to put names with faces. Hopefully, we can get a few more GR area resident OCers. A few of us talked about getting a summer picnic planned... and those of you who have pm'd me, thanks...I'll let you know when and where.
    Once again John, great job and, as always, CARRY ON!
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Great job

I too went to the first seminar in Grandville today. Like Todd said, I thought the seminar was very well done and informative. I appreciate the work you are doing John. Your wife too. I appreciate you getting the word out about open carry and all that this movement is doing to help keep the authorities in check with the actual laws (instead of opinions).

It was nice to meet the other OCDO folks and look forward to a picnic in the future in SW MI.

Great Presentation! Wife & I really enjoyed it; very informative.

I was at the Grandville one was well. It was a pretty good turnout. I think I counted about 15 excluding John and his wife. Good job John!
    Someone who can't be trusted to walk free in public with a firearm shouldn't be walking around free.

Thank you guys for the positive feed back, I am honored to have been able to do the seminars for you guys. I appreciate all the support that everyone gave us today! Thanks Dr. Todd! The Gander Mtn. folks were top notch as usual and the residents of the GR area were extremely supportive.

Both seminars went great, we took some pics and we will put those on the site tomorrow or Monday. I can't wait to come back.