• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Two OC seminar in Grand Rapids area 1/22/11 at two Gander Mt. stores.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Two Free Open Carry Seminars. Seminars are a great starting place to learn about OC in Michigan. The seminar is conducted by John Roshek, President of the Citizens League for Self Defense http://www.citizensleaguesd.com/

This is a great chance to OC with others and to ask questions about OC. John has done several other seminars at various Gander Mountain stores throughout the state.

Gander Mountain - Grandville, MI 1/22/11 11-1pm
Gander Mountain - Grand Rapids, MI 1/22/11 3-5pm

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
Bearhawk, I look forward to meeting you Saturday! Thanks for taking the time to come out.

quarterhorseman, no worries CLSD is constantly adding new events. Just check the events page from time to time for more events. We will be back in there area soon.

Generaldet

Thanks DR. Todd sounds great. It'll be good to finally get the chance to meet you, hope you can make it. You as well MarineSgt. Hope you can make it.

Just an fyi for anyone in the area we recently added a seminar at the Coldwater Gander Mtn store on Feb, 26th from 12-2pm.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
I'm at the hospital (OC of course) visiting my girlfriend's dad so I couldn't make the second class, but I went to the OC seminar in Grandville... the weather outside was nasty (Snow) but still had a pretty good turnout. John (& his wife) did an EXCELLENT job conducting the seminar; the "students" asked some very well-informed questions. A few OCDOers were there... great to put names with faces. Hopefully, we can get a few more GR area resident OCers. A few of us talked about getting a summer picnic planned... and those of you who have pm'd me, thanks...I'll let you know when and where.
Once again John, great job and, as always, CARRY ON!

Bearhawk

Great job

I too went to the first seminar in Grandville today. Like Todd said, I thought the seminar was very well done and informative. I appreciate the work you are doing John. Your wife too. I appreciate you getting the word out about open carry and all that this movement is doing to help keep the authorities in check with the actual laws (instead of opinions).

It was nice to meet the other OCDO folks and look forward to a picnic in the future in SW MI.

Generaldet

Thank you guys for the positive feed back, I am honored to have been able to do the seminars for you guys. I appreciate all the support that everyone gave us today! Thanks Dr. Todd! The Gander Mtn. folks were top notch as usual and the residents of the GR area were extremely supportive.

Both seminars went great, we took some pics and we will put those on the site tomorrow or Monday. I can't wait to come back.