• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Connecticut's Push for Gun Control

Shawn Mitola

so my first question I guess is... What are we going to do about this? Obviously these bills will meet significant resistance but what are we personally to do?

Shawn Mitola

I'm not always the best at putting my thoughts to paper. I'd be interested to hear what you said in your letter.

KIX

I will do the same. Would like to see actual proposed legislation and bill numbers and such.

You gotta love it..... our "Looney" pal wants to say this isn't in reaction to what happened in AZ, but........ you can't beat timing and let a good tragedy to to waste, right?

Jonathan

buketdude

How are you going to restrict Magazine Capacity? Magazine's have no serial numbers or markings..how can they tell if they have been made after a certain date (Lets say this Oct 1st if a bill passed)? Are they going to ban them all? Are they prepared to put 300k plus CT Residents who have pistols/rifles with magazines over 10 Rounds in jail???

I have sent an email to my State Rep...

Last edited:

djn777

i would love for someone with a better grasp of grammar to put up a form letter for all of us to send to our Senators.

buketdude

Probably have to wait on that until we see the bill and see what exact language he uses..He said over a week ago he would be filing a bill..nothing as of today....in fact..no real anti-gun legislation has been introduced yet..I am not sure when the deadline is...there is some range bill..but I have not read it yet..

beanoboy7

I'm not always the best at putting my thoughts to paper. I'd be interested to hear what you said in your letter.

My e-mail was fairly simple and to the point. I told him that I supported his bill for reciprocity. However, I pointed out the issue that I had with mandating concealment.

I also brought up the possibility of streamlining the pistol permit process as from scheduling an interview until I received my permit it took 6 months in Hartford.

BTW. I spoke with him today via phone for about 10 mins. Really cool guy, seems like he's on our side and knows that open carry is legal.

Shawn just write to him or any state representative it doesn't hurt, and express your views/concerns, it's the only way that we can get what we want in Hartford.

Also, I think its time for more of us on this forum and with the CCDL to get more involved. I usually see the names of Ed Peruta, Rich B. and Lenny. Its time for more of us to step up.

Last edited:

KIX

I agree about knowing what is in the proposed legislation. Allows us to make a more informed letter to our "elected representative".

I'm surprised at the amount of "gun" pieces in the New Haven Advocate.

Probably more surprised that after I made the first comment, every other one was against the proposals discussed in the piece. No responses supporting it. I mean.... this is THE ADVOCATE!!!!

Jonathan