Thread: San Diego OC meet ups? (new to this)

Question San Diego OC meet ups? (new to this)

hey all,

I am new to this whole Open Carry thing. I am in the Marine Corps and am originally from Florida and have my Concealed Carry back home. However, since California does not a have a reciprocity agreement with Florida my only option is to open carry here. I have researched and printed out as much info on the topic as I can find so as to be better informed. I am still a little cautious of OC’ing by myself without having done it before though. I was wondering if there were any events/meetings coming up soon where I could meet fellow gun lovers and get better educated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marinedoc View Post
    hey all,

I am new to this whole Open Carry thing. I am in the Marine Corps and am originally from Florida and have my Concealed Carry back home. However, since California does not a have a reciprocity agreement with Florida my only option is to open carry here. I have researched and printed out as much info on the topic as I can find so as to be better informed. I am still a little cautious of OC’ing by myself without having done it before though. I was wondering if there were any events/meetings coming up soon where I could meet fellow gun lovers and get better educated.

Thanks
    Check your PM I sent you some info.

Welcome and God bless you Marine for your service to our country.

Just stay tuned and check this forum often, more and more meetup are being scheduled.
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

Do you live on Camp Pendleton?
    "If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

No i live in San Diego. I am stationed on the recruit depot.

Quote Originally Posted by marinedoc View Post
    No i live in San Diego. I am stationed on the recruit depot.
    Ah..i was just wondering because i work on Pendleton every day. The company i work for is building some stuff down at MCRD. I work for Harper Construction.
    "If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

If you would ever like to get together, myself and a few buddies of mine UOC Escondido and San Marcos regularly. Send me a PM for more info if interested. . . Might be a bit of a drive for you though

I'm also interested in starting to OC but I'm cautious about doing it alone like the original poster. Can someone PM the info for San Diego meet ups? I would like to start OC'ing and I would like to bring my girlfriend along to get her educated on it (she doesn't like the idea but with some exposure to it I don't think she'll mind). Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Krak View Post
    I'm also interested in starting to OC but I'm cautious about doing it alone like the original poster. Can someone PM the info for San Diego meet ups? I would like to start OC'ing and I would like to bring my girlfriend along to get her educated on it (she doesn't like the idea but with some exposure to it I don't think she'll mind). Thanks!
    There is one tomorrow, Thursday 2/10/2011 starting at 5pm. Outside coffee sip at Cosmo's Coffee Cafe 8278 La Mesa Blvd, La Mesa, Ca.
    Be sure and lock it up on the way in. You will pass within 1000 ft of a school. UOC after you arrive.
    Last edited by Gundude; 02-10-2011 at 12:01 AM.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
    There is one tomorrow, Thursday 2/10/2011 starting at 5pm. Outside coffee sip at Cosmo's Coffee Cafe 8278 La Mesa Blvd, La Mesa, Ca.
    Be sure and lock it up on the way in. You will pass within 1000 ft of a school. UOC after you arrive.
    I wouldn't be able to make it until 7pm. How long will the meet up be? or is the next one planned out yet? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Krak View Post
    I wouldn't be able to make it until 7pm. How long will the meet up be? or is the next one planned out yet? thanks.
    The ones I have attended usually last about 2 to 3 hrs. This one may end earlier. It cools off pretty fast after sunset. I don't want to freeze off any of my digits.
    Keep watching this forum for others. We usually do one per week.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.